The hotel is a 10 minutes to walk to the nearest metro station (Overamstel) and it takes another 10-15 minutes or so to arrive at Central Station. A negative about the location is that there is really nothing to do nearby. We could not find any cafes, restaurants or bars within walking distance. However, It is right next to a gas station so you could fill up on snacks and beveragesl. We did end up trying the restaurant in the hotel and would definitely advise against eating there. Service was poor, food was poor and definitely not worth the price! Room was clean and beds were comfortable. The room also had a mini fridge and in-room safe. Bathroom was small and did not have a tub, just a shower head and a curtain, which meant that the entire bathroom floor would get wet after showering. Service at the reception desk was ok - efficient but not overly friendly. Also, even though it is branded as being a business hotel the wifi was very slow. Overall, it was an average stay and would probably stay somewhere more central next time but if you are there for business purposes or you have a car it is a good place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bastion Hotel Groep stands for a personal atmosphere, hospitality, comfort and good facilities for an attractive rate. The Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam/Amstel offers a 24 hour front office, comfortable rooms and an extensive choice of dishes from the a la carte menu in the atmospheric restaurant. Guests are always welcome in the cozy hotel bar or smoking lounge. This lounge contains an LCD television, airconditioning and relaxing lounge chairs. The hotel also offers a fitness room which guests can use free of charge, airconditioning and free wireless internet. The lobby has a computer for guests; they can use the internet for free. Domestic animals are not allowed. Location / accessibility Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam/Amstel is situated near the A10, exit S11. Its close to the RAI and the Amsterdam Arena. The hotel also has free parking places. You can reach the historical centre of Amsterdam within ten minutes by public transport. Here you can find all the famous attractions within reach. This hotel is therefore ideal for business and leisure guests. Rooms The hotel has 120 comfort rooms, 63 deluxe rooms and 9 Quads. The comfort rooms are equipped with a television, a modem, a bureau, a safe, free coffee and tea making facilities and a bathroom with a shower and toilet. The deluxe rooms are extra equipped with a bathroom with bath, toilet and hairdryer. The Quads are more spacious than the deluxe rooms and are equiped with a sleeping sofa and a bathroom with bath, toilet and hairdryer. Food & Beverage The hotel serves breakfast on weekdays from 6:00 till 9:00 hrs and in weekends from 7:00 till 10:30 hrs. The hotel has an attractive restaurant with an extensive a la carte menu. The restaurant is open from 11:00 till 23:00 hrs for lunch and dinner. The hotel bar is open till 23.30 Hrs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, EasyToBook, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Bastion Deluxe Amsterdam / Amstel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bastion Deluxe Amsterdam / Amstel Hotel Amsterdam
- Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam