“Go with an open mind.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #293 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Go with an open mind.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

stayed here with 6 of my mates (aged 18-19) last week. wasn't as bad as everybody made out to be honest! rooms were average sized and cleaned every day. Cant comment on the food as didn't eat in the hotel. Only issues I had is that the staff wernt very helpful and came across as abit rude, also the hotel is right in the middle of some Turkish ghetto which isn't very nice at all. You have to get a tram into centre of Amsterdam which takes around 20mins, really easy to figure out but gets abit annoying when your coming home after a night out (getting the night bus is a ball ache). All in all I loved Amsterdam had the time of my life! Perfect place for a blowout with your mates. Would I stay here again? No, somewhere abit nearer in a nicer area would be better.

Room Tip: (Tip: Get the number 14 tram 'Flevopark' takes you straight to Dam square.)
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stayed here as a couple in February 2014 and had a lovely time. The room had enough space for both of us, towels and the bed was changed daily too and was very comfy. It was a basic room, and doesn't come with a kettle but that didnt bother us, as you could get tea etc... With breakfast which was also very nice.
Staff were fine, just left us to it really.
The hotel is situated quite far from the city centre but the tram links are fantastic. The number 14 tram takes you straight to dam square and the number 7 takes you to Liedseplein which was our personal favourite place.
For the price we paid for this hotel, we can't complain. Will be returning to Amsterdam again soon, but unfortunately will book somewhere abit closer to the centre. Otherwise would have returned here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Erlangen, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

this hotel is definitely nothing special but also by far one of the cheapest hotels in Amsterdam.
Unfortunately you can hear too much from other guests like music they are playing or loud talking. The walls and the carpet had quite some stains (red ones on the walls.. don't wanna know what this was).

But the beds were comfy, everything else clean and the air conditioning worked perfectly (well the heater in my case).

Even though it is quite far outside of Amsterdam, you get a direct bus line (69; about 30 min.) to the airport and vice versa and a tram way line (14) into the city (22 minutes to the palace).

The check-in was easy and quick and they even helped me with printing a ticket I forgot at home but still was on a cloud drive.

Good point: free Wifi

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
oldham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I have just returned from this so called hotel. I certainly would not call this an hotel it is more like a hostel. The accomodation is very basic. Having booked 2 double rooms we ended up with 2 twin rooms where the mattresses didn't fit the bed bases and when you tried to sit on them you fell off as there was no support, as the mattresses were wider than the bases. The wasn't any drink making facilities in either room. One of the rooms wardrobe consisted of a 5 to 6 inch indentation in the wall and no hangers. The mattresses were stained with blood, semen and urine. The cleaning staff seemed to be students. The dining room and bar were not in use and we had to eat in a room downstairs next to the kitchen. We were told the bar would not be open until April, but looking at I don't think it would be April this year. There is nothing in the area for food and entertainment, as this "Hotel" is in a residential area with a very high immigrant population. I most certainly would not recommend this "Hotel" to anyone.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

THE WORST HOTEL I SEEN IN MY LIFE! I stayed here for 4 nights with my girlfriend for her birthday. I bought a deal for the hotel with bed and breakfast, when I went for breakfast they charged us €5 each so I paid for it twice in the end. The room was tiny with two single beds together no kettle bedside tables nothing. Bathroom was average the shower door was broken so the tiled floor was a death trap! The walls where in dyer need of a paint. The radiator was broken and the staff where so rude! The best part about the hotel was checking out never go again ruined our holiday!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed at The Nieuw Slotania Hotel Amsterdam 14th March 2014 for 2 nites.
OMG! The bar was derelict and so was the restaurant, it was filthy, cups left in the reception area with left over coffee which had been there since Friday and still there Sunday. Floors not cleaned stairs filthy and then on to the room?????? The room doors were approx 3 ft away from the opposite rooms so no privacy whatsoever, on entering the room the door hits the bed so you need to climb over it, carpet filthy and stained, bed was DISGUSTING the mattress and base needed to be thrown in skip, however, sheets were clean.
I ended up shouting at the younger generation as the noise from them running up and down the corridor at all hours of the morning was horrific! Two nites felt like a month! There is no where to get a coffee in the hotel, no kettle etc, best thing was the bathroom we should have slept in there!
We both went home bites which I imagine came from the filthy bed.The walls in the room were covered with graffiti, and now moving on to Breakfast.....in the cellar????? Again absolutely terrible,I decided on toast and jam and then changed my mind when I saw the state of the dish of jam and it was the same next day!
The hotel is next to shops on a main road and is NOT a hotel but it is a HOSTEL, our experience there and advice to others is DO NOT BOOK unless you dont mind filth and are an INSOMNIAC, however I would say for cheapness try The Botel lovely and you get free ferry from there 5 mins, over to centre of Amsterdam and also reknown Red Light District, great bars etc.
Hotel Slotania is 20 mins to center by tram and trams finish at midnite, taxis expensive.
Dont go there save your money better to sleep in park!

Room Tip: No good rooms
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Stirling, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

The rooms were tidy and clean, if a bit cramped; we had no problems with the staff; and there was a decent range of breakfast foods. Location-wise, it's not near the centre and too far away to walk, but we knew that when we booked and had already looked up bus, train, and tram routes.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Nieuw Slotania Hotel? Share your experiences!