“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Taj Mahal

Taj Mahal
Marie Heinekenplein 1, 1072 MH | Marie Heinekenplein 1, 1072MH Amsterdam, The Netherlands
+31 20 679 7297
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

One of the best Indian restaurant I have ever visited. Food excellent staff excellent service excellent. It was that good we went again the following night.!!!! 10 out of 1o. We will definatley go again when we return to Amsterdam.

Amsterdam
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

We love curries and have tried many curries in different countries. This really was one of the best, extremely tasty and well cooked, excellent service, friendly owner and staff - they made us really welcome. So good, we went back the next night! So for the 3 nights in Amsterdam, the Taj Mahal had our custom for two nights. Well worth a visit! 10 out of 10!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Very nice and tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

I picked this restaurant from trip advisor. The food was amazing and the atmospher was very friendly and relaxing. The starter and the soup were great. The mains were very tasty. It is easy to reach by tram no 16 or 24 from the central of Amsterdam. Just get off at (Stadhouderskade). You will find it in front of you. The hospitality was very generous and friendly. We had the very tasty Indian tea after the food and still offered to have more tea even we were wearing our coats to leave.
Thanks for everything.
Please look to my photos.

Visited January 2014
Wrexham
“Bad Chicken!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We visited based on reviews on here.. And wished we'd gone to koh-i-noor instead!

I wasn't too hungry when we arrived so we ordered a platter of starters to share and 1 main and rice. The waiter rudely told us that 1 wasn't enough and that we needed to order 2 mains. I explained that wouldn't be able to eat a full main to myself and didn't want to waste it and that I'd just have a the starters and try some of the main. He begrudgingly agreed.

The food arrived very fast and I really enjoyed the starter. I plated up a spoonful of rice and chicken tikka for myself out of the main. I'm quite fussy with meat and am always cautious with chicken... I cut it in half to ensure its cooked through. I cut into it to find what looked like a blackened hole through it. I asked my friend to cut a piece of his chicken in half to see if it was the same (just incase it had been cooked on a skewer or something.. although that still wouldn't justify the black colour) and his was fine.. Little to say, there was no chance I was eating any of it at that point. Decided not to complain as the rest of the chicken seemed ok...

All in all disappointed and without doubt will never be returning.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great Indian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband and I are big fans of this restaurant. We have been here numerous times and have tried many items off the menu. The food is excellent; the flavors are rich and savory with good presentation. The service is equally outstanding. The owner and his staff are very accommodating, always attentive to the diners. If you like Indian food or are looking for something different, be sure to try this restaurant.

• Visited December 2013