“good Indian food!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Taj Mahal

Taj Mahal
Marie Heinekenplein 1, 1072 MH | Marie Heinekenplein 1, 1072MH Amsterdam, The Netherlands
+31 20 679 7297
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Tas-Sliema, null, Malta
“good Indian food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

the restaurant is nicely located and the food is very well prepared. the service was very good and the hosts were very gracious.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

91% Recommend
“Wonderful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I my self work as a kook I went with my girlfriend for dinner .it was amazing spa lams tandoori it smelt in your mouth before you bite it .every things was perfect.thanx for lovely meal.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great food and great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

It was a lovely ... The food is wonderfully fresh and well seasoned. Its location on the square is superb and the service very friendly and above my expectation. Definitely will eat here again soon :)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Nice restaurant but food lacking in flavour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Based on reviews and being mad curry fans we opted for this place as it was rated 12 out of all of them...not just in indian cuisine.

This was not indian cuisine I was used to...

I had a korai and it was sorely lacking in heat and spice more like a stew type meal. There was no onion salad and we only got two poppadoms but had asked for four; they tasted like Sharwoods finest. Not the best after a long day of walking.

Can't fault the service and portion sizes but I don't want sweetcorn in my rice thanks.

If you are not a mad curry fan and want something fairly innocuous in a nice part of town then try here but it's not worth the long walk from Dam square to here.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Authentic cuisine, great food and atmosphere. Accommodating to my request”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Since this was my second visit to the Taj Majal I asked the server to send my dishes the way HE likes them. He was a little bit worried that it might be a little bit to hot for me but I´m from Mexico and the owner already knew that, and made a comment to that respect, he fulfilled my wish. We ordered Samosas, red lentil soup, butterfly shrimp and finally I ordered one Curry Shrimp with a spicy, red and thick sauce and everything was excellent. We also ordered the Black Cobra Beer that went great with the food and finally a delicious mango lassy for dessert . If you are curious and can stand the heat ask for the JOSE FROM MEXICO treatment.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere