“Nice B&B in a great location” 5 of 5 stars

Flynt B&B
Eerste Helmersstraat 34, 1054 DH Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Vondelpark)   |
Ranked #102 of 306 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Adelaide, Australia
“Nice B&B in a great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Flynt B&B was a great base for visiting the Van Gogh Museum and the Rijksmuseum, which are both less than 10 minutes' walk away. Ieke was friendly, helpful with advice on visiting the museums and finding restaurants (there are some nice restaurants just a few minutes' walk away). She keeps a very tidy B&B with a well-stocked kitchen for breakfast.

Although Flynt may not look very central on a map, I walked all over Amsterdam from this hotel with ease (as far as Amsterdam central station). It is also only a few minutes' walk from the bus stop that takes you to Schipol.

The room was very modern with a comfortable bed, great wifi and a very nice bathroom. It was a little warm at night, but that's not very different from most accommodation during the height of the European summer!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

If you want to stay in less touristed but still central part of Amsterdam this is the place to stay.

The rooms are big for Amsterdam standards, and so is the bathroom. And when the bed is comfy, the room is clean and the water pressure and temperature is great (not to be underestimated!) then you have everything for a relaxing stay.

But on top of that you have a stocked kitchen at your disposal, and an owner who is friendly and helpful but never imposing.

So if you want a place near Leidseplein, Museumsplein, and Vondelpark with plenty of good cafes, bars, and restaurants in the surrounding streets then Flynts BnB is the place to be.

• Stayed July 2013
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The room is simple but very clean,very comfortable bed and super friendly owner (Ieke). They have breakfast available whenever you want (self-service),the fridge is packed of food eggs,cheese,bread,tomatoes and joghurts.Location is perfect,easy to find,near the bus station (Leidseplein) going to Schiphol Airport,restaurants,lidle supermarket is just behind the b&b,tram station going to city center and near to main attractions.There is a small public playground beside the b&b.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Veneta, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here three times always in the same room. The Mozart room. We love it here. Stayed the first time for a full two weeks in 06, the second time with friends in 08 for a week, and the third time in 2012 for 3 days. Big bathroom/ shower, great kitchen with stocked fridge where you can cook up eggs and toast at 1 am after going out on the town, and keep a couple of bottles of beer in even. It has internet to use, a little table to eat at. This is a very laid back B&B , Ieka is nice and helpful and has suggestions but never in your face... We like that. We go out and have fun but we are actually pretty quiet and prefer our hotels that way. It is nice and quiet there in our experience. It is in the city so you get a little city sound, but we find it to be very quiet for how close it is to everything. The room is nice and clean always, and is in good working order. she lets you sleep late , eating at your leisure. She always even does a load of our laundry! She offered us bikes last time! You are close to everything especially the metro which is right at the end of the street and the Leidseplein is a 2 minute walk so getting a cab to the airport is a breeze. Tons of restaurants, bars and coffee shops you can walk to also. Close to the Melkweg. There is a natural/ organic grocery store ( Naturwinkel) 2 blocks away and an albert heijn (big chain grocery store) close as well.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Isla Mujeres
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My friend and I stayed Jan 31, 2013 for one night on a layover. We appreciated the separate rooms with en suite bathrooms and the televisions!! We loved the stocked kitchen and my friend made me the yummiest egg sandwich with meat and cheese and cream cheese spread. The yogurt was delicious and I would eat rice cakes at home if they were chocolate covered!! I would have liked a blow dryer for my hair. The bird you could hear during the day, but nothing at night. I loved petting the cat after not being home for a few weeks, I missed a pet. Very close to town, easy bus ride from the airport. I slept with ear plugs for my entire trip and had no problem sleeping.

Room Tip: I had the orange room and the bed was firm and warm. The toilet ran a bit and I couldn't figure...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
tjk271
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I am not a B&B expert, but Flynt met all of our needs. A friend and I each had our own room recently, and enjoyed the place to ourselves. My highlights: 1) Location is very close to city center and good for touring, near bus and metro. We enjoyed wandering the area and found it easy to get back. 2) Rooms are thoughtfully designed, very clean, and well appointed with TV, nice private baths. We were tired and I was very much looking forward to a good nights sleep, which I got in a very comfy bed! 3) Kitchen is well appointed with breads, muffin, fruit, juice, milk, deli meats and cheeses, tomatoes, candy dish, etc. 4) Quiet neighborhood setting was charming.

To respond to an earlier review, Paco the bird was audible a few times during the day, but never at night, and cat was cute and didn't bug us at all. I'm sure if daytime quiet was a concern, owner would make this a priority. Overall, we were charmed by our stay and would highly recommend!

Room Tip: 70s room has firmer bed and better street view, but I loved my Budha room with comfy soft bed!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Rockville, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I don't understand all the rave reviews of this place. Maybe these people have never stayed at another B&B. Having just been to De Doeninghe B&B in Bruges which was simply marvelous, this was a dump by comparison. My cousin and I stayed here last week for 4 nights. Another friend joined us for one night. Although we indicated our general time of arrival, thankfully, our friend got there first and got the room key or we would have been on the street as the owner left for a concert in the middle of the day. We didn't meet her until later in our stay at which point she said that she was going to Germany and another friend would be handling the B&B for her. We never met the friend. We were also told there were bikes available, but we never saw them and were never offered access to them. The one time I saw the owner, I asked her for information on one particular thing, but she never got back to me with an answer. This is really a room for rent, not a B&B. It is in a central location, the only thing going for it, but it's not quiet. The owner has a cat, which, although friendly, is mangy and will wander upstairs and into your room if you don't keep the door closed. She also has a squawking parrot. It is LOUD. If you have any intention of resting in your room during the day, forget it. Our room was on the corner in front and was just windows, no walls. Right below us there was a playground, a grocery store and about a million parked bikes. All night long you hear the clanking of people unlocking and locking up their bikes and carousing. In the early morning, you hear it again as people are heading to work. The kitchen is tiny, the dishwasher was broken and the fridge was not fully-stocked when we got there. There is no fresh bread or pastries in the morning, just packaged stuff. The previous people left an absolute mess in the sink and the owner was not around to clean it up. You have to make your own breakfast and if there are other people staying there with you and wanting to eat at the same time, you'll have to take turns because the breakfast nook can barely seat two people (and it will be noisy because it's a small B&B). The clocks in both the kitchen and our bedroom were not working, but nobody noticed or changed the batteries. I could go on and on, but you get my point. I would not stay here again. Be warned...

Room Tip: Go somewhere else if you don't want to be making meals on your trip and/or if you want quiet!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
PacoAms_London, Owner at Flynt B&B, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
I won't respond in a " Yes or No refutation.

But what I do regret is that people not tell me , if something is not ok , or if they have higher expectations . Just tell me and maybe we can find a solution.

I can only agree with the writer of this comment ........... let the reviews speak for themselves.

ieke

Been to Flynt B&B? Share your experiences!