“I love this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #96 of 306 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
tjk271
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I am not a B&B expert, but Flynt met all of our needs. A friend and I each had our own room recently, and enjoyed the place to ourselves. My highlights: 1) Location is very close to city center and good for touring, near bus and metro. We enjoyed wandering the area and found it easy to get back. 2) Rooms are thoughtfully designed, very clean, and well appointed with TV, nice private baths. We were tired and I was very much looking forward to a good nights sleep, which I got in a very comfy bed! 3) Kitchen is well appointed with breads, muffin, fruit, juice, milk, deli meats and cheeses, tomatoes, candy dish, etc. 4) Quiet neighborhood setting was charming.

To respond to an earlier review, Paco the bird was audible a few times during the day, but never at night, and cat was cute and didn't bug us at all. I'm sure if daytime quiet was a concern, owner would make this a priority. Overall, we were charmed by our stay and would highly recommend!

Room Tip: 70s room has firmer bed and better street view, but I loved my Budha room with comfy soft bed!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Rockville, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I don't understand all the rave reviews of this place. Maybe these people have never stayed at another B&B. Having just been to De Doeninghe B&B in Bruges which was simply marvelous, this was a dump by comparison. My cousin and I stayed here last week for 4 nights. Another friend joined us for one night. Although we indicated our general time of arrival, thankfully, our friend got there first and got the room key or we would have been on the street as the owner left for a concert in the middle of the day. We didn't meet her until later in our stay at which point she said that she was going to Germany and another friend would be handling the B&B for her. We never met the friend. We were also told there were bikes available, but we never saw them and were never offered access to them. The one time I saw the owner, I asked her for information on one particular thing, but she never got back to me with an answer. This is really a room for rent, not a B&B. It is in a central location, the only thing going for it, but it's not quiet. The owner has a cat, which, although friendly, is mangy and will wander upstairs and into your room if you don't keep the door closed. She also has a squawking parrot. It is LOUD. If you have any intention of resting in your room during the day, forget it. Our room was on the corner in front and was just windows, no walls. Right below us there was a playground, a grocery store and about a million parked bikes. All night long you hear the clanking of people unlocking and locking up their bikes and carousing. In the early morning, you hear it again as people are heading to work. The kitchen is tiny, the dishwasher was broken and the fridge was not fully-stocked when we got there. There is no fresh bread or pastries in the morning, just packaged stuff. The previous people left an absolute mess in the sink and the owner was not around to clean it up. You have to make your own breakfast and if there are other people staying there with you and wanting to eat at the same time, you'll have to take turns because the breakfast nook can barely seat two people (and it will be noisy because it's a small B&B). The clocks in both the kitchen and our bedroom were not working, but nobody noticed or changed the batteries. I could go on and on, but you get my point. I would not stay here again. Be warned...

Room Tip: Go somewhere else if you don't want to be making meals on your trip and/or if you want quiet!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
PacoAms_London, Owner at Flynt B&B, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
I won't respond in a " Yes or No refutation.

But what I do regret is that people not tell me , if something is not ok , or if they have higher expectations . Just tell me and maybe we can find a solution.

I can only agree with the writer of this comment ........... let the reviews speak for themselves.

ieke
Hertford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay, I will definitely come in early spring next time. I have a Gluton intolerance and Ieke, soon after our arrival, telling her of my problem, she went out and purchased the bread I could eat, I was certainly not expecting that when explaining how I will have to find some. I love seeing the European lifestyle differences, from us in UK, we could definitely learn to make our roads more cycle friendly. I did have to watch the cyclists though before venturing across the road, that is before you even get to the traffic and the trams. I found the area so quiet, I love my lay ins now I have retired from work (I always had early starts) the beds were nice with two singles together, just how we have at home and very comfortable. The on suite shower room lovely and clean. The rooms always prepared for us while we were out, made lovely for our return from wherever we have been. So much to do in Amsterdam, Ann Franks museum I will always remember, a must for anyone visiting Amsterdam.
The Bols museum I thoroughly enjoyed, looking around the museum, we were told we would at the end have a special recipe cocktail. As I waited near the bright silver cocktail bar watching the two bar tenders pour with flourish for the people at the bar, I waited patiently close enough to take my turn. An American lady who said," excuse me", as I waited for my cocktail, I moved aside! only for her to swiftly take my place as I we ,my husband and I watched her and companion get her promised Gin Cocktail first !! Oh I did smile !! but the cocktail was well worth the wait and so was the second one. A lovely week in fact. Thank you

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

We have just spent three fantastic days in Amsterdam and we are completely grateful to its ownwer, who helped us since the time we arrive there by bike. We absolutely recommend this B&B, where you have the fridge full of fruit, juices, yoghourts, bread, cheese,...
We will go back for sure.

• Stayed August 2012
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

This B&B is just like Amsterdam itself....easy going. We loved being able to get up in the morning and get our own breakfast in the fully stocked kitchen...we even had eggs for the first time in a month! Our host, Ieke, was very friendly and helpful, and also cleaned up the breakfast dishes. The room was spotless, bright and airy. The bathroom was large by Amsterdam standards! We will definitely return.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Well-located to Leidseplein and the 197 bus directly from the airport. Rooms are small in Amsterdam and Flynt's rooms are no exception but its a cheery place with welcoming/helpful hostess. Our room was quiet and we had access to the computer to print our boarding passes. The refrigerator is stocked which was handy since we left early in the morning to get a flight. 115 Euros seemed high for a double but was competivitve. We'll stay here next time we're in Amsterdam.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Cyprus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

This bed and breakfast was very good and clean and comparing to all other hotel prices in amsterdam this is defently worth its money! Also the owner was a very helpful and friendly owner.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Flynt B&B? Share your experiences!