“Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Hermitage Amsterdam

Save Saved
You added Hotel Hermitage Amsterdam to your Saves list
Hotel Hermitage Amsterdam
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nieuwe Keizersgracht 16, 1018 Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Formerly Hotel Fantasia) (Binnenstad)   |
Ranked #227 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Calgary
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Location is good, you can walk anywhere. Breakfast was good for 6 euros. There is a microwave available all day, and coffee and tea always in a kitchen.
Re room: it was incredibly small, as well as the washroom. The weather in July was very hot, there was no air condition there, and when window blinds were down, the window could not have been opened, so the small room was terribly hot. There was only one elecricity plug there, positioned high on the wall, so if you wanted to charge your camera or cell you have to stand by the wall and hold it in your hand, or to go to the kitchen to charge your appliance.
Staff was friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

From reading previous reviews, we were expecting a tiny bedroom, but it was actually an okay size for the two of us - especially as we used it mostly for sleeping after a long day of exploring (Room 203). The room and bathroom were very clean and the maid would supply fresh towels every morning, make the bed and clean the bathroom which was very nice to come back to.

There is an affectionate cat that is always in the kitchen. The kitchen/dining room is open for use to make free hot drinks from the machine, and when we brought back left over food, they would let us store it in the fridge and we could use the microwave to reheat it the next day. The reception is open 24 hours which is convenient if getting back late and makes you feel very safe. We had breakfast buffet there on the last day - It was average but for 6 or 7 euros each we can not complain.

The only problems we encountered were that when we arrived, our room was not ready but instead of waiting the lady placed us in another room (room 203) for two nights and then moved us to our original room (404) for the last night. We preferred room 203 as it was less stairs and had it's own bathroom - 404 had a private separate bathroom a couple doors away which we had a private key for. On the first day the fire alarm went off also due to a leak but we left and went to explore to avoid it.

But taking in everything, the hotel was lovely with very friendly, helpful staff - they even let us keep our luggage there after we checked out as out coach home wasn't until the evening. Good area with a bunch of restaurants nearby including Vapianos and Wagamamas.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
St. Petersburg, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

It is a very simple hotel not far from centre( about 15-20 minutes). The rooms are pretty comfortable, but too small. My room was about 10 sq.meters. The walls were too thin, so, we've heard our naigbours and they have heard us)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Swindon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Uncomfortable beds, tiny rooms, very expensive for the service they have, smells to marihuana inside.
The personal changed the things from my room to another without noticed me before. I arrived late at night and the reception men changed me the key. Someone moved all my things into the bag I use for dirty cloth. I complained, but no one did anything, and the manager was not there in any time to talk about the issue.
DON’T go to this hotel! The worst I ever been.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

The pros of this hotel are the staff and the location. Very happy with those to aspects. I had booked a single room and prepared myself to hike up the 5 floors with my luggage. Luckily, I was upgraded to a room on the third floor with a double bed. (Although I still managed to pull a muscle coming down the stairs with my luggage.) So I'm very grateful for the upgrade. The room had a nice view of the canal and a nice little closet to hang things.

But the cons are all as noted in other reviews. The tiny bathroom was truly tiny, but manageable since I knew what I was getting into. The mold in the shower due to poor ventilation was unpleasant. Also, I heard everything my neighbors were doing through the walls. They were talking at fairly normal levels, but they talked late into the night and I had to leave the TV on all night to drown out their conversation and sleep a little. The bed was definitely the most uncomfortable part. It was basically just a box spring with no padding. I asked for an extra comforter and slept on top of it just to have something a little soft underneath me. But even that was very thin and offered little cushion. I am not very picky when it comes to hotels as long as I can get some sleep and the room is clean. But the comfort of this bed was hands-down the most uncomfortable hotel stay in my recent memory. It has potential if they could just put a little more effort into the bedding and make it a point to air out the bathrooms more efficiently.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

5 minutes away from Metro/tram. 15 minutes away from Supermarket Albert Hejin. Quiet at night and good quality bed allowed some good sleep. Hotel staff was very friendly. Free wifi, free hot drinks and electric adaptor provided are all wonderful. Very very clean room as well.

No elevators and we were staying on the fifth floor - it was quite a climb. Toilet was so small i actually had quite a lot of fun trying not to hurt myself every time i got in there. But the toilet was still very clean.

Room Tip: Recommended to everyone, except those travelling with bulky luggages or walking disability