During our recent trip to Amsterdam, we decided to stay at the Meininger Hotel for two reasons;
- the cheap price of the rooms
- the proximity to the railway station
Staff were very polite on arrival and pointed out discount cards the hotel has made available for all customers. They also offered us the option of adding breakfast which we decided against in order to save more money and were given the key cards to our room.
The room was plain and simple but very, very clean...there wasn't a single piece of dirt noticeable! Beds were quite uncomfortable as one was a stiff as a board and the other was, well, very soft in comparison! Duvet was additionally uncomfortable but very clean...the sheets were pure white! The toilet was a reasonable size and everything worked perfectly.
However, sleeping was a slight problem due to the noise level of other vacationers the first night and the continuous trains all night long...definitely not good if your a light sleeper.
Overall, in terms of clean and convenience, this is the perfect hotel for you however, it lacks peace and comfort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Style and atmosphere of the hotelThe new MEININGER Hotel Amsterdam City West offers a very special atmosphere for your stay: people of all different ages and origins meet here in an unusually relaxed international atmosphere. They communicate with one another, relax, work or simply take a peaceful break. Opening July 2012.Unique aspects of the hotelWe have a breath of Amsterdam flair in store for you here, with distinctive art in the lobby. With a nod to the Old Masters, details from the great works of the golden age of painting are located throughout the hotel. The 232 comfortable non-smoker rooms offer an own bathroom with shower, toilet and hairdryer as well as a television and air conditioning. The hotel boasts spacious public areas such as lobby, bar and guest kitchen, in which use of W-LAN is free of charge. Our lavish all-you-can-eat-and-drink breakfast buffet gives you the ideal start to your day and is available at a small extra fee. Cars can be parked in the hotel underground garage, also at a charge.Location of the hotel, surrounding area and sightsThe MEININGER Hotel Amsterdam City West lies in the corridor between city centre and Schiphol Airport, directly by the Sloterdijk transport hub. From here it is just a 5-minute ride with the urban railway to Centraal Station at the heart of the Old Town and ten minutes to Schiphol Airport, with Utrecht less than an hour away by train. Whether you want to travel round the canals, visit the Rijksmuseum, stroll through the flower market, have a stopover in a coffee shop or complete a business appointment, the Dutch metropolis receives its guests with welcoming openness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, EasyToBook, Hotel.de, HotelsNL, HostelBookers, HostelWorld, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Venere so you can book your MEININGER Hotel Amsterdam City West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.