Checked into this hotel for the second time, stayed for a week and everything was just lovely. First of all, we arrived at 8am which was very early for a check-in but not only did they manage to get us a room immediately, they were also very friendly and helpful! The room itself was perfect for us and at a very reasonable price. The room, sheets and toilet were all very clean too. Housekeeping staff does a really good job in keeping everything spic and span.
- The reception staff are not only friendly and knowledgeable, they try their best to accommodate to your needs. They have a wide range of brochures and maps for tourists and first time travelers. You may also rent a bike from the reception.
- Room was very clean, toilet had hot powerful showers all day long and they offer daily room service.
- Location is convenient as it is located just beside Sloterdijk station which takes about 10 minutes to the Centraal station. The hotel is located at a very peaceful neighbourhood (mostly offices around) so by 6pm everything is just peaceful so it's awesome for light sleepers.
- At about 5 euros they offer a decent breakfast with bread, ham, cheese, coffee, tea etc. Nothing too fancy though.
Overall, a very pleasant stay and HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Would return, definitely. Hope this helps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Style and atmosphere of the hotelThe new MEININGER Hotel Amsterdam City West offers a very special atmosphere for your stay: people of all different ages and origins meet here in an unusually relaxed international atmosphere. They communicate with one another, relax, work or simply take a peaceful break. Opening July 2012.Unique aspects of the hotelWe have a breath of Amsterdam flair in store for you here, with distinctive art in the lobby. With a nod to the Old Masters, details from the great works of the golden age of painting are located throughout the hotel. The 232 comfortable non-smoker rooms offer an own bathroom with shower, toilet and hairdryer as well as a television and air conditioning. The hotel boasts spacious public areas such as lobby, bar and guest kitchen, in which use of W-LAN is free of charge. Our lavish all-you-can-eat-and-drink breakfast buffet gives you the ideal start to your day and is available at a small extra fee. Cars can be parked in the hotel underground garage, also at a charge.Location of the hotel, surrounding area and sightsThe MEININGER Hotel Amsterdam City West lies in the corridor between city centre and Schiphol Airport, directly by the Sloterdijk transport hub. From here it is just a 5-minute ride with the urban railway to Centraal Station at the heart of the Old Town and ten minutes to Schiphol Airport, with Utrecht less than an hour away by train. Whether you want to travel round the canals, visit the Rijksmuseum, stroll through the flower market, have a stopover in a coffee shop or complete a business appointment, the Dutch metropolis receives its guests with welcoming openness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, HotelsNL, EasyToBook, BookingOdigeoWL, HostelBookers, Agoda, HostelWorld and Venere so you can book your MEININGER Hotel Amsterdam City West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.