“Great cake, friendly, facilities limited” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Bakeries
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Coffee & Tea, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Coffee & Tea, Breakfast
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great cake, friendly, facilities limited”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Delicious cakes, friendly service and an excellent location. Try to get a seat on the tiny picturesque balcony overlooking the canal!... or more accurately, try to get an upturned crate! Would be good to have a customer toilet also, in this city with very limited public loos (esp. for women).

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great bakery lots of choices....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Great bakery with alot of different items to choose from...... deserts to meals....all made in front of you..... just ask what they have on display and try them out....sit in front or in back....workers work very hard there....

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nassau, New Providence, The Bahamas
“Victim of its success? I'm at a loss why this is rated so high.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Saw the reviews on Trip Advisor and decided to check it out. When we arrived which was just before noon there was a line out the door. We joined it. Ten minutes later no movement other than persons shoving past us to get inside. Looking past the line it was obvious that the place was crowded and the staff was trying to take orders, collect money, and dish out the food all from a spot that everyone was trying to either get to, get past, or get from. New entrants unaware that it was a line they were pushing past joined it wherever they discovered just what was up. I don't like a pushy line or a disrespectful crowd and was tempted to leave but decided I had walked a long way to this place and stayed. My wife gave up and walked a way down the street. A lady came up and asked the persons in front of me what did they want. They actually knew and placed their order even though they had at least 6 persons in front of them waiting to pay and get their orders. I realized that I was expected to know what I wanted and began to look around the window displays that were on both sides of the doorway that I was still standing in. I had expected a greater selection and in fact many of the trays were nearing empty and nothing looked appealing to me. I joined my wife in the street and took a deep breath. I lost my place in line too. We decided to wait a bit and look around the area. I noted several places serving similar products and these were largely empty. After another ten minutes I returned to realize that I wasn't feeling good about these circumstances and settled down in a coffee shop next door. I didn't even note its name, I just enjoyed having a pastry and a coffee that were served within a few minutes. My wife had to wait an additional 5 minutes for her crepe. We were on our way a half hour later and I took a look next door and it was just as crowded as before. I suggest that if you want coffee and pastry three are too many other places that this place is simply not worth any special trip. The pastries and quiches didn't look like anything special. I have been to many places that are far better.

Visited July 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Absolutely loved it 10/10 food, juices, coffees and lovely staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

After reading all the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor my girlfriend and I decided to check out the cafe in the afternoon. All the cakes we saw displayed in the window looked stunning! We shared a meat quiche, vegetarian quiche and savoury meat pie. I would rate the pie 8/10 and most notably the pastry used in the vegetarian quiche was delicious and buttery.

The freshly made fruit smoothies tasted healthy and had small bits of fruit such as mango and strawberries. The cappuccino tasted great, but like another reviewer wrote on here was not as strong as it could be. My girlfriend had an espresso which she said was good.

We were absolutely stuffed so decided to go shopping before returning for a second time for dessert. We had a chocolate crossaint, French toast (doesn't look like what you think), carrot cake, and these complimentary prototype "chocolate kisses" we were lucky enough to be the first ones to try! I would rate the chocolate kisses 9/10 so see if they are available to buy when you go and visit, ask the chef :) the crossaint came a close second best for me and be sure to ask for it to be heated when you get it.

I forgot my sunnies at the place when I left and the waitress chased after us half way down the road! That's what I call commitment to service thus my 100% rating for De laatste Kruimel. If you're in Amsterdam you must go here it should be ranked #1 seriously.

Visited July 2014
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“just fantatstic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

walk into the narrow street (watch out for the bicycles and cars) and you are just drawn to their store.
All is delicious, great food, high quality and the atmosphere is just special. My favourite sandwich is turkey with truffle dresssing and my favourite pie is zuchinni lemon. Oh I wish I could eat there everyday!

• Visited June 2014