“My favorite place” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Ra'anana, Israel
“My favorite place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

A local friend showed me this place last year. Since I go there every time I am in Amsterdam. On every visit I try a different dish. Great cakes, quiches and sandwiches. Great service.

96% Recommend
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Just WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

We stumbled upon this place and popped in for a quick cake and coffee. Each of us ordered something different, and we were all amazed at how tasty the food was!

It's a tiny place, with a small outdoor terrace at the back, makeshift tables from crates and some little bar stool areas (probably 20 seats in there in total? But, not spacious)

The windows are packed with tasty treats; one side sweet, the other savoury. On the wall, there's a huge list of sandwich options you can order. I noticed they had some very interesting filling combos!

I had a brownie, it was perfection. Hard exterior, chewy-soft inside with a few roasted hazelnuts, chocolate chunks and sultanas inside. Crazy delicious!

My husband had a quiche with Brie, pumpkin, roasted almonds and spinach. I had a few bites; we both agreed that it was one of the best quiches we've had!

My brother opted for a bizarre-looking meatloaf, he received a HUGE chunk of it (both quiche and meatloaf were served heated up) and thoroughly enjoyed it.

The place is very cute, it has a shabby-chic decor; think floral teacups, crates, vintage-inspired wallpaper and bird motifs. Staff were very nice. Overall, a pleasant, bustling atmosphere.

I think this is a great find and I will certainly go back! Great option for lunch (either eating in, or to-go), a quick snack or dessert.

“A place to remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Fun, out of the ordinary little place with something for sweettooth's and savory-lovers alike. We live around the corner and always find an excuse to pop in. Stop by for delicious pastries and cakes (the croissant french toast is my personal favorite), beautiful quiches and polenta's, or divine sandwiches (can't decide if I like the Mackerel with Lime Mayo or the Tuna Melt better...). Staff is very friendly and seems to be happy to work there, even though it sometimes gets hectic because the place is small and so poplar. If you can't arrange a place to sit, ask them to help and they will work something out for you while you decide what to order. There is also a great selection of juices, jams, and a full coffee bar. The great food, combined with the quirky ambiance and the friendly staff make this a place to remember!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London
“busy spot, great cakes, difficult to find a seat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Stumbled on this place as we were heading to our hotel so we popped in for some cake (as you do). the cakes were excellent as was the coffee. finding a seat is difficult and you have to elbow your way round. service was friendly and prompt. We liked it so much that we popped in the next day and tried their savouries which did not disappoint.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“sweetest place in amerstam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

you have to visit this nice cafe, if you are in amsterdam. we stay for 4 days and went there three times for having lunch or coffee. the sandwiches are delicious. the brown bread is very tasty. the homemade quiches are wonderfull and the cakes are just lovely!!! definitly the nicest cafe in amsterdam.