“sweetest place in amerstam” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 2,445 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Bakery, Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
“sweetest place in amerstam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

you have to visit this nice cafe, if you are in amsterdam. we stay for 4 days and went there three times for having lunch or coffee. the sandwiches are delicious. the brown bread is very tasty. the homemade quiches are wonderfull and the cakes are just lovely!!! definitly the nicest cafe in amsterdam.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Heavenly! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

A must try bakery! The food is amazing. We didn't try anything that we didn't like. Everything is fresh n beautifully presented. The bakery itself is so adorable and has a warm cozy feel to it.

Frankfurt, Germany
“love the atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

i love how hectic it was inside. and how they display all the foods. so classic. tried the zucchini cake and the carrot cake. i love the zucchini cake but i think american's bakery's carrot cake is better. should have tried the savory but too full from the big portion cake. price was reasonable and the service was ok. the place is small so bit hard to find a seat bcs it has so many customer.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“A must visit...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

This place is a true gem, chubby chic heaven with the best ambience… I went there for a healthy brunch yogurt and muesli but I was won over by the attentive staff and the relaxed feel I got.
I told the girl the till I would pop in late to taste their made to order sandwiches. True to my word I went back and nearly bought the whole shop and I also got their fig jam.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wow! Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is a tiny bakery/deli in Amsterdam that has great food options. Amazing bread puddings, quiches, sandwiches, soups, and pastries. I would definitely come back here. My girlfriend and I must have stopped by this place at least 4 times during our trip to Amsterdam in October and we have also gone every other time we have been in Amsterdam. It is very close to the Allard Pierson museum as well as the pancake house, I believe. Really though, give it a try, you will like it! Also, if you do visit this place try to get a seat in the very back where there's a balcony right onto the canal. Amazing.

• Visited October 2013