“comfortable and affordable hotel close to Amsterdam centre” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Atlantis

You added Hotel Atlantis to your Saves list
Hotel Atlantis
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Ceintuurbaan 215-217, 1074 CV Amsterdam, The Netherlands (De Pijp)   |
Ranked #180 of 327 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Pilsen, Czech Republic
“comfortable and affordable hotel close to Amsterdam centre”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This hotel is situated not very far from city centre with very good tram connection. It is clean. The breakfast is fine. In my opinion, it is very good hotel with relatively friendly price (compare to other hotels in Amsterdam). I will definitely go back when visit Amsterdam again. You can rent a bicycle directly in hotel and I highly recommend to do so. It is best way how to travel in Amsterdam. If I had to find some negative I would say that the mattress was too soft.

Room Tip: Ask for room on fourth floor with window faxing the backyard, these rooms have small balcony. The ne...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jitka S

Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Took us forever to find the hotel as it is situated on the longest road EVER! when we got there it was clean and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful even letting us check in early for no extra charge! The room was a good size and it had a nice bathroom, there was a tiny window in an alcove in the ceiling so there was little natural light however the stay was extremely plesant. Quiet far out from the city centre but it's a nice walk if you don't mind exercise! Would definitely reccomend!

Varadero, Matanzas, Cuba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

1. Room - spacious and clean. Bed confortable.
2. Reception - very nice and helpfull - Thank you very much!
3. Food - a lot of stores around and bars too.
4. Tram - station just next to the hotel
A little bit far from cente. To walk is around 30-40 minutes.
However, walking you will discover this amazing city - Amsterdam.

P.S. Thank you to all who wrote reviews and tips - it is very helpful.

Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Getting to it is easy enough, ten minute tram ride. A tad tedious when the main attractions are close to the train station but nothing to get in a fuss over.
This place was 55 euros a night so a little bit expensive than what I would have liked to pay but I certainly don't feel like we got ripped off. The room was huge. Very spacious, and certainly a lot more than two people needed. Reception was open 24 hours and the guy behind the desk was helpful. Their vending machine...so overpriced. The supermarket was extremely close.

Shower was good, shower gel, towels, linen were all provided so no problems there. Blackout curtains were awesome. We had decking but it was covered by scaffolds. Stairs are steep so use the elevator.

Wi-fi needs some work but it was stable for 70% of the time we were there.

I'd probably stay here again if they sorted out the internet connection and made it slightly cheaper. If they were resolved, I'd give 5 stars without a problem.

Room Tip: First floor was good. They all seem similar.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I'm fairly tolerant of hotels and have been more tolerant than the average person of bad places, but this place crosses the line on so many levels.

Firstly, the location is not good at all! It is in a place that feels very very unsafe and you can't help but feel you're going to get stabbed at night when you walk outside. Pay a little more and stay in the city and it will be well worth it. There were no food places once the sun went down so that just adds to the quality of the location.

Secondly, I payed for a double room and instead got a room with 4 single beds, a power socket in one spot in the corner of the room and stained paper thin walls.

Thirdly, they don't tell you this, but the hotel is currently in construction and doesn't look like it will be finished in the near future. Every morning you will be waken early by drilling and hammering. I even woke one morning to a builder peering through the window at me in bed.

Fourthly, the cleaning staff. I left the do not disturb sign on the door as I didn't want them to come in, but they still came in and didn't really clean much except fold he blankets on the bed and then LEAVE THE BALCONY DOOR OPEN WHICH IS SHARED BY OTHER ROOMS THAT CONNECT TO IT. So essentially the cleaner left my room unlocked and accessible to any person in the rooms connecting to the balcony to come in and take what ever they wanted. TOTALLY UNSAFE AND UNSECURE. The cleaner also just let herself in one morning while I was still in bed even though the do not disturb sign was on the door and then left once she realised. HOW IS THAT APPROPRIATE?

Finally, it was simply an unpleasant place with not even a printer available to guests. It was in an unsafe area that isn't at all central. I stayed here based on not terrible reviews, but it really was terrible. Do yourself a favour and don't stay here and pay only a tiny bit more for somewhere better and safer.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, stay somewhere a bit safer and closer. If you must stay here don't stay on...
2 Thank James_ST1699CZ
Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We booked the hotel based on the positive reviews, but am not sure why there were more bad reviews for the hotel. Granted, the price is cheaper compared to the ones located in the city. However, my friend found a cute B&B located above the restaurant and it was way better and bigger and only 10euros more than what we paid for. And she was staying right in Nine Streets, an extremely nice area.

I have stayed in tinier rooms in Japan, and the size wasn't a big deal to me. However, what irks me was the following:
1) the glass in the shower was cracked, and we kept bumping into it as the shower area was extremely small with the curtains sticking into our wet skin when showering.

2) the shower drain was blocked. By the 4th day into the stay, it could no longer accept flowing water and after each shower our entire bathroom floor will be flooded.

3) Our towels and such were not changed for past 3 days. I'm all for eco, but when the floor is flooded resulting in us using the hand towels to soak up the water, they should have changed these into dry ones for us.

4) We forgot the room key and left it in the room. When we got back and told the night watchman about this and requested for a key to access our room, he made a new one for us without question. Now, what is wrong with this image? We were not asked for proof of identity nor the name for booking. This means that anyone can request for a room key from the reception.

5) I doubt the carpet was ever vacuumed. I keep finding hairs circling round the feet.

The only good thing out of this was that I spilled a glass of red wine onto the bed sheets and even though they did not change the sheets (as expected) they did not charged me for it either. Nevertheless, not a hotel I would consider going back to.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple