We booked the hotel based on the positive reviews, but am not sure why there were more bad reviews for the hotel. Granted, the price is cheaper compared to the ones located in the city. However, my friend found a cute B&B located above the restaurant and it was way better and bigger and only 10euros more than what we paid for. And she was staying right in Nine Streets, an extremely nice area.
I have stayed in tinier rooms in Japan, and the size wasn't a big deal to me. However, what irks me was the following:
1) the glass in the shower was cracked, and we kept bumping into it as the shower area was extremely small with the curtains sticking into our wet skin when showering.
2) the shower drain was blocked. By the 4th day into the stay, it could no longer accept flowing water and after each shower our entire bathroom floor will be flooded.
3) Our towels and such were not changed for past 3 days. I'm all for eco, but when the floor is flooded resulting in us using the hand towels to soak up the water, they should have changed these into dry ones for us.
4) We forgot the room key and left it in the room. When we got back and told the night watchman about this and requested for a key to access our room, he made a new one for us without question. Now, what is wrong with this image? We were not asked for proof of identity nor the name for booking. This means that anyone can request for a room key from the reception.
5) I doubt the carpet was ever vacuumed. I keep finding hairs circling round the feet.
The only good thing out of this was that I spilled a glass of red wine onto the bed sheets and even though they did not change the sheets (as expected) they did not charged me for it either. Nevertheless, not a hotel I would consider going back to.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, EasyToBook, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Agoda and Orbitz so you can book your Hotel Atlantis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.