“Way nicer than you expect for the price, exceptional staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Atlantis

You added Hotel Atlantis to your Saves list
Hotel Atlantis
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Ceintuurbaan 215-217, 1074 CV Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Stadsdeel Zuid)   |
Ranked #186 of 307 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Way nicer than you expect for the price, exceptional staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

My boss booked this room and for what she paid (less than 70 euros/night I think...) I didn't expect much. I was very pleasantly surprised and would recommend this great little hotel to anyone looking for a basic, well located hotel at a decent price.

The location is great, very handy to trams that got me quickly to the conference center in one direction or central Amsterdam in the other.

I found that the people of Amsterdam were exceptionally friendly and polite and helpful. It seems like a happy place, generally! But I was particularly impressed with the staff at this hotel.

Things go wrong. It's how you deal with it that matters. I had trouble with internet access in my room - a nuisance but the staff were quick to sort it. They were also very helpful with directions and suggestions... getting taxis... that kinda stuff.

Bikes are everywhere in Amsterdam. The trams were enough of an adventure for me, this time anyway. But next time I'm in Amsterdam I'll definitely stay at the Atlantis and next time I'll take advantage of the bicycles they have for guests to use!

The breakfast room is OK but the breakfast is mediochre, for 9 euros. It was handy for me when I was in a rush but I bet you could get a better breakfast if you had time to look around the neighbourhood for a cafe.

Speaking of around the neighbourhood... I was busy with work most of my week in Amsterdam but on my last day I had a few hours off to wander around on my own a bit. Just around the corner from the Atlantis I found a fantastic street market -- food, clothes, gifts, souvenirs... full of life. Really glad I found it! Ask the concierge to point you towards it.

The photos on the hotel website are accurate. My pic is of the market around the corner.

Enjoy Amster

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This hotel had excellent customer service team, and was a great price however the room wasn't fantastic. It wasn't terrible - but it did have an offputting lingering smell of chemicals, and there was no air conditioning or windows. We were here two nights. The location is ok - there is a tram at the end of the street but there isn't a lot to do in the neighbourhood. Overall a decent stay but nothing to write home about.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Carlisle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights in June. The checking in process was polite, efficient and delivered in perfect English. The room was large enough, clean and failry quiet with an exremely comfortable bed. The bathroom was also clean and large enough, although the shower curtain did have a tendency to stick to you. The Hotel is very handy for the tram stop and we found it not too far to walk in to Amsterdam, although our walks were normally punctuated with a stop for a coffee or something stronger. We didn`t have breakfast in the Hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 202 which is at the rear of the Hotel and it was quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The hotel is quite a long way out of town centre so do not make the mistake as us and walk there from Central Station, took us 1.5 hour to walk it!!!
The hotel staff were great and I have to thank them dearly for letting us check in at 11am, we were tired (our flight was at 6am) and cold and not having to wait was a blessing! The rooms are on the small side but you don't visit Amsterdam to stay in your room all day! Apart from that the location is pretty good with a nice park close by, Albert Hein supermarket and a few restaurants nearby but most importantly for me there was somewhere to get my "real" coffee in the morning a minute away called The Coffee Company. We stayed in a room at the back of the hotel and didn't hear the trams which run at the front of the hotel. Would definitely go back :-)

Room Tip: Back of the hotel as they have a balcony and you can't hear the trams!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hereford, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights in room 201 which was on the small side but adequate. The balcony was an added bonus but meant we only had a door to outside and no window, so we had to leave the door ajar all night for ventilation. Lovely comfy beds. Free coffee, tea and dried milk for the first day, not replenished on the second day but more left for the third. No mugs provided to drink it from so had to buy plastic ones or use the glasses from the bathroom. Very quiet during the night as we were at the back overlooking gardens. Hotel is in easy reach of all the city has to off either by walking to by tram. Would stay there again. Staff were helpful on arrival. Had no cause to speak to them again. We did not eat breakfast in the hotel so cannot comment on that.

• Stayed May 2013
Warrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I looked at hundreds of hotels to match our budget but couldn't find anything suitable. However hotel Atlantis offered everything we needed for a long weekend.

Rooms
We paid £140 each for 3 nights sharing a twin room. The rooms are small and basic but were also modern and cosy. The beds were very soft but that was perfect after a busy day exploring. The shower wasn't very powerful but it was satisfactory. We also got a few English Tv channels in our room. There was a hair dryer in the bathroom and tea and coffee facilities. But we didn't use since the cups were plastic! The walls were also a little thin and sometimes we could hear the cleaners in the morning. Didn't bother us too much though.

Customer Service
The daytime front of house staff were very helpful and one gentleman really went out of his way to resolve an unusual request we had. Even the cleaners stopped to say Hello.

Location
Set in a quieter part of the city, you are free from the late night party animal noise, but can travel to it easily if you want to, like we did! The number 3 tram stops right outside (which gets you to the Van Gogh museum) & a number 4 or 25 gets you to and from the centre. When the trams stop running at midnight, the hotel is very close to the night bus stop.

Although a little dubious upon arrival and booking, overall the hotel was better than expected and I would recommend to friends or couples wanting to explore the city. After all, who wants to spend their time in Amsterdam stuck in a hotel room!?

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 4th floor. There's nobody above you so less noise!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Atlantis? Share your experiences!