“You get what u pay for.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sipermann Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sipermann Hotel to your Saves list
Sipermann Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Roemer Visscherstraat 35, 1054 EW Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Ranked #258 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
“You get what u pay for.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Location is a good 10 min tram journey from dam square. Service was ok everything we asked for we got straight away. Only bad points the room and bathroom were tiny need to paint the walls as they are bright yellow . On a plus bed was really comfy for only 30 Euro a night can't really moan. General maintenance work needed in the hotel and rooms. If your looking for luxury this isn't the place for you. you get what you. pay for. A Johnston Liverpool

• Stayed February 2014

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Tel Aviv, Israel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The ensuite-bathroom is new and the only good thing about this place is the location. They charged us 10 euro/hour after 10pm for late check-in. Remote wasn't working so i went downstairs to ask for new batteries. The manager was unhelpful and kept saying they were close. His father helped by giving me another remote. The room was so small, we had no space to put our bags or to open doors. Furniture was old with dusty artificial flowers and a smashed up lamp shade. Walls are a bright lime green colour and the mirror was crooked. There were holes in the ceiling in the shower. There are only very steep stairs to the rooms, no elevator and in the day when housekeeping is cleaning, the entire corridor is littered with things. I felt like I was in India in a 50 rupee a day room except I wasn't. It's not even cheap and completely not worth ruining your holiday for.

Room Tip: Do not take room no.9, it is too small! the window opens over the bed. and the 2 doors open into the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Hotel run by an Indian family any the only thing in their mind is money They only think to get 1 extra euro from you. Hotel can not be considered as hotel because it may only be a hostel. Family lives in the basement floor and the hostel always smells Indian food. they charge extra 10€ for your late check-in (not check-out) and of course they charge extra if you late check-out. They charge for keeping baggage after check-out (son said 3€ father charged 5€) rooms are very small and beds are uncomfortable. Four story hotel does not have an elevator, you need to carry your baggage to your room by yourself, there is no bellboy and there is no receptionist. Main door is always closed, you need to ring the bell and wait for someone to open the door. I have never seen such bad and dirty hotel, I feel sorry for myself that have not read through trip advisor before booking this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Vesoul
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have never seen such bad and dirty hotel!

They have lost (or stole) my clothes, which I left in the room!
Went I came to ask where was my clothes, the boss, with big smile, told me that I have probably lost it some were else in the Amsterdam, At the end, he didn’t wanted to do any thing to solve the problem, so I lost for 100euro of clothes and I had 3 bad nights.

I am use to travel a lot in Amsterdam, and this my worst experience.
In addition the hotel is dirty, noisy and the bed was uncomfortable.

Don’t go there if you want to have nice stay, there is a lot of other hotel for the same price in Amsterdam with butter quality, and honest owner.

The room was dirty .

Nicolas chapel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Drogheda, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The hotel is only a few minutes from Liedsesplein in a quiet street, so its location is excellent. The room is small but functional,on the third floor, up three flights of steep stairs - this is not a hotel for those with limited mobility. The bed was very soft, with only A single blanket. Since the heating seemed to be turned on and off sporadically, I was woken by the cold during the night, and the bathroom was never warm. However, the room was clean and there's no doubt that it was cheap, so I suppose you get what you pay for!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Hotel is overlooking very famous "Vondel Park", near to a popular square Leidseplein, Holland Casino and Museumplein all with in few minutes walk. Room was small but fully equiped, comfortable bed and clean. Hotel is very secure and room was with good locking system. You can enjoy 30 chanels on LCD TV, internet was very fast and free of cost. Staff was helpful and freindly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We had reservation with Sipermann Hotel for 4 nights in August, as our summer vacation first stop. In order to obtain Shengen visa for my wife we're required to provide a copy of formal signed booking confirmation from every hotel we'll stay in. We had no trouble with that, everyone is cooperating, till now.
"Anand (manager)" declined my request to confirm reservation. Here is the quote from his response to my request: "In order to provide confirmation you are requested to book non - refundable pre - paid booknig."
So, according to Anand, in case if my wife's visa is not granted for any reason, we have to loose all we paid for our 3 weeks trip.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sipermann Hotel? Share your experiences!