“they may charge you for breathing” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sipermann Hotel

You added Sipermann Hotel to your Saves list
Sipermann Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Roemer Visscherstraat 35, 1054 EW Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Ranked #263 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
“they may charge you for breathing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Hotel run by an Indian family any the only thing in their mind is money They only think to get 1 extra euro from you. Hotel can not be considered as hotel because it may only be a hostel. Family lives in the basement floor and the hostel always smells Indian food. they charge extra 10€ for your late check-in (not check-out) and of course they charge extra if you late check-out. They charge for keeping baggage after check-out (son said 3€ father charged 5€) rooms are very small and beds are uncomfortable. Four story hotel does not have an elevator, you need to carry your baggage to your room by yourself, there is no bellboy and there is no receptionist. Main door is always closed, you need to ring the bell and wait for someone to open the door. I have never seen such bad and dirty hotel, I feel sorry for myself that have not read through trip advisor before booking this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Vesoul
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have never seen such bad and dirty hotel!

They have lost (or stole) my clothes, which I left in the room!
Went I came to ask where was my clothes, the boss, with big smile, told me that I have probably lost it some were else in the Amsterdam, At the end, he didn’t wanted to do any thing to solve the problem, so I lost for 100euro of clothes and I had 3 bad nights.

I am use to travel a lot in Amsterdam, and this my worst experience.
In addition the hotel is dirty, noisy and the bed was uncomfortable.

Don’t go there if you want to have nice stay, there is a lot of other hotel for the same price in Amsterdam with butter quality, and honest owner.

The room was dirty .

Nicolas chapel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Drogheda, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The hotel is only a few minutes from Liedsesplein in a quiet street, so its location is excellent. The room is small but functional,on the third floor, up three flights of steep stairs - this is not a hotel for those with limited mobility. The bed was very soft, with only A single blanket. Since the heating seemed to be turned on and off sporadically, I was woken by the cold during the night, and the bathroom was never warm. However, the room was clean and there's no doubt that it was cheap, so I suppose you get what you pay for!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Hotel is overlooking very famous "Vondel Park", near to a popular square Leidseplein, Holland Casino and Museumplein all with in few minutes walk. Room was small but fully equiped, comfortable bed and clean. Hotel is very secure and room was with good locking system. You can enjoy 30 chanels on LCD TV, internet was very fast and free of cost. Staff was helpful and freindly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We had reservation with Sipermann Hotel for 4 nights in August, as our summer vacation first stop. In order to obtain Shengen visa for my wife we're required to provide a copy of formal signed booking confirmation from every hotel we'll stay in. We had no trouble with that, everyone is cooperating, till now.
"Anand (manager)" declined my request to confirm reservation. Here is the quote from his response to my request: "In order to provide confirmation you are requested to book non - refundable pre - paid booknig."
So, according to Anand, in case if my wife's visa is not granted for any reason, we have to loose all we paid for our 3 weeks trip.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I feel sorry for myself that have not read through trip advisor before booking this hotel in agoda and booking.com.

I am now engage with problem of reservation Sipermann Hotel. There is a confusion between the rate condition I selected whether it is a technical problem, human error or booking.com customer service. I select this hotel because many ppl recommend it is good price + location+service.

It is simple incident, you reserve the rooms that show in web can amend booking but it becomes non-refundable instead in the confirmation letter. It may cause from human or web error. I need explanation and assistance because they charge my card already.

I wrote many email to contact their centre, then, I received one mail from Agoda staff said my rate can amend without charge because the condition pay upon arrival. It makes me relief.

But then, I receive another email from difference staff said I cannot amend booking and it is non-refundable because they contact hotel already!!!!! It seems not ending even before start the trip.

IF YOU WANT TO BOOK THIS HOTEL THROUGH THESE WEBSITES, PLS. MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT NEED ANY ASSISTANCE LATER. BECAUSE YOU WILL BE VERY TRIED DEALING WITH THEIR AFTER SERVICES. WASTE TIME, ENERGY AND MONEY FOR TELEPHONE AND CANCELLATION FEE!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

A basic clean hotel close to the Ledseplein 5 mins walk. Staff friendly room ok with TV, en suite shower toilet and hairdryer.

Don't expect luxury and you won't be disappointed. Beware very steep stairs we were on the 3rd floor and if you have any mobile disability forget it! No tea coffee in the rooms but a machine in the reception €1. Breakfast not included and €20 deposit on electronic key card refunded. Also a 6% card charge and city tax will be added. Lastly if your likely to lose sleep over safety there is no fire escape, well there is but it is the stairs you climbed up. My plan was to go out of the landing window onto the adjacent roof!

We booked late and this was one of the cheapest hotels available. Overall it is well located in the south close enough to bars, restaurants and in a clean safe
area.

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Sipermann Hotel? Share your experiences!