“No recommendation for Business-visitors” 2 of 5 stars

You added Kooyk Hotel to your Saves list
Kooyk Hotel
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Leidsekade 82, 1017 PM Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #223 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Me & my partner just came back today after spending 3nights here it costs €15 in taxi from central station or €2.80 on tram, we arrived at hotel at 10am but was not due to check in til 2pm but we was kindly allowed to leave our bags free of charge at reception, we was first given a room next to shower wich smelt abut damp but there is work being done but after I Spoke to reception the lady came back and gave us a room that was fantastic we had great view of cannel was clean and fresh and 4what we paid that was great 2people £168 3nights I think including city tax, we had breakfast they do toast boiled eggs meats cheese jams ect so choice for every one, there's a sink tv in bedrooms and there toilet I. The corridor along with drinks machine. I would like to say thank you to the people at hotel they was great, & even thinking to return in summer xx

• Stayed May 2013
Amsterdam
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

stairs very steep, narrow, and small. bed covers and towels had cig. holes and stain. mini restroom and shower. electric wires exposed on headboard lamp. Room windows very unsecured. Not safe overall.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

kooyk, Owner at Kooyk Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
thank you for your review.
I read your review and need to ask:
why if your bed was not to your satisfaction would you not come and see any of my staff?
there is 24 hours a day someone here on the reception.
The wires you spoke about ?? I cannot seem to find them, there is a flex which connects to the lamp in the power point, this is in perfect order.
I certainly as the owner of this property would go to the reception and get someone to look as points if it was not to your satisfaction.
I can assure the general public that there are no cigarette burns in my duvets as I do not allow smoking in this building... and believe me there is a hefty fine imposed on people who do smoke.!!!
I regret your experience was not good, but we are re opening our hotel fully from july 2013.
all our ground floor rooms are ensuite and totally renovated.
kind regards
M F Moonen
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I've been to Amsterdam on numerous occasions and it's obvious that space is a premium, with most hotels in this price range offering very small rooms.

The Kooyk hotel had much larger rooms with two showers and one toilet located in the hall and one on the floor below. There was never a problem with queuing for the shower. Breakfast was buffet style, and although the dining room filled up quickly it was absolutely fine. I'd definitely go back there.

This is also in an excellent location, being very close to Leidseplein and I felt this was a nicer area to stay than Dam Square, where we stayed last time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Western Ireland, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

stayed for one night for the Europa League Final. Had a nightmare trying to find the place, its getting renovated. Impossible to find the hotel. We couldnt see the hotel sign (due to scaffolding) until we checked every door on the street and found a door with A4 piece of paper stating that we had reached the Hotel Kooyk reception. The door opened and we were greeted by a dog, then we entered the family living room and had to stand waiting for well over 10 minutes while they looked for our reservation. Finally we got to the room and it is ok, its whats expected i suppose for 35 a night. Shower was lovely, (pity we had to walk by a man painting a wall for a shower) the next morning there was men working outside the window on scaffolding pounding and drilling. I got a telling off the next morning for not saying "good morning" to the lady who checked us out. Didnt have breakfast. Overall a very strange experience, probably just bad luck booking during renovations.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
kooyk, Owner at Kooyk Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you so much for youre review, I was hoping that you would write to us.
My experience of you and your party was quite a surprise.
I personally did not have the pleasure of checking you in.
I do thank you for pointing out the extensive renovations to our property . Please note the scaffold was erected by the dutch government to paint and renovate this beautiful historical building. I will refere you to our facebook page, as we are very excited about the changes to our property... You did receive one of our new budget rooms, at a very low price of 35,00 euro per person with new beds breakfast included and free wifi. All on the evening of the champions league final.
When we had the pleasure to clean your room, my staff discovered that you both left the room in quite a state, and that both beds were totally soiled. This was really disspointing. As for youre checking out of my hotel. I greeted you with a good morning as you did not even say a curtious word, and decided on your own check out time an hour later... at 12 noon.

Sir,
am so delighted that the renovations will make us a nice two star property, the scaffolding is coming down this Friday and the building with its beautiful new breakfast room and nine on suite bathrooms ground floor willl be open from july 2013.
with kind regards
MF Moonen
Co Owner.
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The location is great that you can just take bus 197 directly from airport to the hotel and go other place in Amsterdam by foot. The receptionists are so nice and helpful. The breakfast is good with fruit and vegetable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Kooyk Hotel? Share your experiences!