“Tourist rip-off!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Amsterdam Waterfront Hotel

You added Amsterdam Waterfront Hotel to your Saves list
Amsterdam Waterfront Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Singel 458, 1017 AW Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Canal Ring (Grachtengordel))   |
Ranked #343 of 357 Hotels in Amsterdam
“Tourist rip-off!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Do not book here! What a terrible place! We got the ground floor back room without windows (probably a former storage room?) and paid €179,- for a saturday night. Smelly,musty, cracked tiles round the washbasin (in the room) and and in the bathroom you practically had to climb over the toilet to get to the shower. What a horrible experience! Never again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Gorleston-on-Sea, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed here for a short City break with another couple on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday night in mid April. Firstly, I must point out that we only paid around £80 each for the 3 nights, no breakfast, which is cheap as chips. We were lucky enough to have a canal facing room but our friends had a back room which had no view at all. Bed linen was clean and beds comfortable. Location is excellent and perfect for all the interesting areas of Amsterdam. Reception staff very nice. Down sides were that there is a Disco slap bang next door and on the Tuesday night the heavy drum and bass went on until people left noisily around 4.30am. Not sure of the regularity of the Disco but I'm guessing it gets into full flow at weekends too. The carpet in our room appeared not to have been hoovered for some good few weeks and as a result there was hair in clumps underfoot which sort of put me off walking around barefoot. As my heading says you get what you pay for. Would probably consider paying a touch more next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank DockTraveller
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed here in November 2012 only for 1 night.
The hotel made a mistake and charged us 10Euro, so for that price, I have no right to complain about anything, and I won't.

We were allocated a triple room, overlooking the canal that had a lovely big window with table and chairs so you could sit and watch/chill. Room was big, bathroom was too - it had bath AND shower. We were very impressed with the room, but if I had paid going rate, which I think is around 250Euro/night, well, lets just say, I wouldn't have paid that.

When we checked out, we left our bags with reception until we were ready to depart.
They also gave us use of a room to freshen up before departure.
This room was on the ground floor (Twin Room) and was dingy and grubby, like a little cell. Again, if I paid going rate for that, which I believe to be around 160Euro/night I would have asked to be moved.

Nightclub right next door, which I would imagine is very noisy at the weekends or whenever it opens, but we stayed on a Thursday night and it was closed.

Very close to Rembrandt Square and Flower Market, about 25mins walk from centraal station.
Supermarket a few doors down.

This is not my preferred location in Amsterdam, I much rather stay close to Dam Square and the Red light district.

Overall, I'd say there are better options available, but depends on what rate you can get. Personally, I wouldn't return to this hotel, mainly because of value for money and location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends