“You get what you pay for...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Amsterdam Waterfront Hotel

You added Amsterdam Waterfront Hotel to your Saves list
Amsterdam Waterfront Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Singel 458, 1017 AW Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)   |
Ranked #292 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Gorleston-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“You get what you pay for...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed here for a short City break with another couple on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday night in mid April. Firstly, I must point out that we only paid around £80 each for the 3 nights, no breakfast, which is cheap as chips. We were lucky enough to have a canal facing room but our friends had a back room which had no view at all. Bed linen was clean and beds comfortable. Location is excellent and perfect for all the interesting areas of Amsterdam. Reception staff very nice. Down sides were that there is a Disco slap bang next door and on the Tuesday night the heavy drum and bass went on until people left noisily around 4.30am. Not sure of the regularity of the Disco but I'm guessing it gets into full flow at weekends too. The carpet in our room appeared not to have been hoovered for some good few weeks and as a result there was hair in clumps underfoot which sort of put me off walking around barefoot. As my heading says you get what you pay for. Would probably consider paying a touch more next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed here in November 2012 only for 1 night.
The hotel made a mistake and charged us 10Euro, so for that price, I have no right to complain about anything, and I won't.

We were allocated a triple room, overlooking the canal that had a lovely big window with table and chairs so you could sit and watch/chill. Room was big, bathroom was too - it had bath AND shower. We were very impressed with the room, but if I had paid going rate, which I think is around 250Euro/night, well, lets just say, I wouldn't have paid that.

When we checked out, we left our bags with reception until we were ready to depart.
They also gave us use of a room to freshen up before departure.
This room was on the ground floor (Twin Room) and was dingy and grubby, like a little cell. Again, if I paid going rate for that, which I believe to be around 160Euro/night I would have asked to be moved.

Nightclub right next door, which I would imagine is very noisy at the weekends or whenever it opens, but we stayed on a Thursday night and it was closed.

Very close to Rembrandt Square and Flower Market, about 25mins walk from centraal station.
Supermarket a few doors down.

This is not my preferred location in Amsterdam, I much rather stay close to Dam Square and the Red light district.

Overall, I'd say there are better options available, but depends on what rate you can get. Personally, I wouldn't return to this hotel, mainly because of value for money and location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Well located. As we knew we had booked a budget hotel it was perfect. Very central and services all your basic needs. Club next door was closed....possibly only opens for events. No complaints- a nice bonus was we had the room on the second floor facing the canal with a bay window and very effective radiators . Close to tram stop, many attractions, restaurants, bars, clubs and supermarket. We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Amsterdam Waterfront Hotel? Share your experiences!