“ideal place to stay....and quiet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Amsterdam Waterfront Hotel

Save Saved
You added Amsterdam Waterfront Hotel to your Saves list
Amsterdam Waterfront Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Singel 458, Amsterdam 1017 AW , The Netherlands (Jordaan)   |
Ranked #287 of 340 hotels in Amsterdam

114 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed here in November 2012 only for 1 night.
The hotel made a mistake and charged us 10Euro, so for that price, I have no right to complain about anything, and I won't.

We were allocated a triple room, overlooking the canal that had a lovely big window with table and chairs so you could sit and watch/chill. Room was big, bathroom was too - it had bath AND shower. We were very impressed with the room, but if I had paid going rate, which I think is around 250Euro/night, well, lets just say, I wouldn't have paid that.

When we checked out, we left our bags with reception until we were ready to depart.
They also gave us use of a room to freshen up before departure.
This room was on the ground floor (Twin Room) and was dingy and grubby, like a little cell. Again, if I paid going rate for that, which I believe to be around 160Euro/night I would have asked to be moved.

Nightclub right next door, which I would imagine is very noisy at the weekends or whenever it opens, but we stayed on a Thursday night and it was closed.

Very close to Rembrandt Square and Flower Market, about 25mins walk from centraal station.
Supermarket a few doors down.

This is not my preferred location in Amsterdam, I much rather stay close to Dam Square and the Red light district.

Overall, I'd say there are better options available, but depends on what rate you can get. Personally, I wouldn't return to this hotel, mainly because of value for money and location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Well located. As we knew we had booked a budget hotel it was perfect. Very central and services all your basic needs. Club next door was closed....possibly only opens for events. No complaints- a nice bonus was we had the room on the second floor facing the canal with a bay window and very effective radiators . Close to tram stop, many attractions, restaurants, bars, clubs and supermarket. We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

A great base on a budget. Essential boxes ticked, clean comfy beds, radiator that warmed the room and u could turn on or off as you wished. Hot water, towels & shower gel. There was a fridge in the wardrobe. The hair dryer wasn't working. I travelled with friends and had a room with a view on the third floor and a little balcony.The stairs are a nightmare but this seems to be the norm in Amsterdam. There is a Tram stop right beside the hotel which services central station. There are loads of shops, bars and restaurants in every direction from the hotel. Staff were friendly and helpful. I can see how this hotel has got some bad reviews as the room could do with a little updating. The Location was great for walking distance to Anne Frank House, Dam Square etc once u learned to navigate around the canals. It was a very safe neighbourhood. You can hear some street noise but this adds to the atmosphere unless you are an extremely light sleeper. Value for money €210 for 3 girls in one room for 3 nights, I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2013
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This fairly clean, sparsely furnished, hotel is perfectly located right near the flower market and in the very center of Amsterdam and my favorite haunts. If you are almost never in your room but want to be in the middle of the best of Amsterdam then this place is a good choice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Amsterdam Waterfront Hotel? Share your experiences!