“Do yourself a favour - avoid this hotel at any cost” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Amsterdam Waterfront Hotel

You added Amsterdam Waterfront Hotel to your Saves list
Amsterdam Waterfront Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Singel 458, 1017 AW Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)   |
Ranked #292 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
London, United Kingdom
“Do yourself a favour - avoid this hotel at any cost”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

First of all I have to say that I have been to a large number of budget 1 or 2 star hotels before all over the world and that I'm fully aware and prepared to what awaits me.

I however cannot accept:

1) the hotel lying to me about the private bathroom which in fact turned out to be outside our room. And although we did have a key to it what it meant that we didn't have a bathroom inside our room as promised. We actually had to go to the corridor in the middle of the night, open the door with key, then lock it from the inside with key, then lock it again from the outside which was very annoying. When we complained about it to the receptionist and asked for the refund or come form of discount to compensate the difference in what we were promised with what we had our complaints were completely ignored. No one even made an effort to apologise and explain.

2) the state of the room was appalling. Don't trust the pictures you see on the booking site. I attached the real pictures of the room. Not only it was so tiny that there were no floor space to open my suitcase it was completely run down. It was also DIRTY. I have hair on my pillow and a blood stain on my blanket. We would have left immediately but it was 11:30pm and we were exhausted after the travel.

I'm sure for the money they charge (we paid 75euros) you can find something better in Amsterdam.

PS there is a night club just outside the hotel, so don't expect a quiet night. Although, be ready to climb extremely steep and narrow stairs with your luggage (we stayed on the 5th floor!)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Amsterdam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

This hotel location is simply excelent, by the Singel, near the museums, Rembrant Square and the Dam Square. Good value for money is also important. Rooms are small but cleans and the beds are confortable and clean. Adequate bath rooms. Bad tv sets and quite steepy stairs. Gentle staff.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Sao Paulo, SP
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

Positive
- location
- staff friendly
- the sheets e towls where clean
- hot water

Negative
- room without Windows
- old and bad looking room
- they didnt't clean the room and bathroom in 5 days!!!
- same spots in the carpete and wall
- the adapted socket of heater, hair dryer, mini bar and television stopped Work in the first day and they didnt't fixe in the 5 days!!!

• Stayed May 2012
Amsterdam
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

We booked the hotel early and paid 120 euros a night. We only realised when we got there every where was expensive because of queens day. The receptionist said we got a very good rate(?!) I wouldn't have liked to book later as I think 120 e a night is too much!
I don't think 120 is justified, I would stay here again but it would have to be a cheaper rate

It is in a good location

It is in need of some modernisation but to be fair it is clean enough

Tip: There is a club next door so stay out late on the sat night/sunday am

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Malmo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

A small hotel with very good location. New owner who was going to renovate the hotel so it's going to change in the next year. I booked through Hotel.nl and got a very good price. The service when we arrive was good but the breakfast was not pleasent.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

Absolutely disgusted with this place to be honest, the room was tiny and didnt have a view unless you call a brick wall with some grafitti nice to look at! The price was more than some 4 star places charge although you may have to stay near the airport but also this is at the very bottom of Signal so a good twenty to thirty minute walk from the train station. One good thing was the bathroom but not even a bar of soap was found upoon arrival and having had high hopes for this establishment I was left very underwhelmed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Amsterdam Waterfront Hotel? Share your experiences!