I have read many reviews on this forum about this hostel however, having stayed in other hostels around Holland I feel that this one was pretty average for the price. The rooms were very clean and were regularly tidied. We had to make our own beds which was pretty tiring having arrived pretty late to check in. There was also only wifi in the reception area, which was very slow, the staff said that this was to help people socialise however I did not see many people socialising outwith their groups in that area. And the variety of people who were staying there, families, those travelling alone, and those with friends were pretty much staying in on their phones on the internet in that area. I feel it is the right of the customer to be able to chose whether you have wifi in your room nowadays as it is a fairly free service in most places, and different people need it for different reasons (calling family, working etc.) I would say if you are staying at this hostel to perhaps come as a big group so you can enjoy the experience better. At night the noises from the front courtyard kept us up all night and it didn't show any signs of stopping, therefore if you need sleep perhaps bring a pair of earplugs! It felt like quite a party centered hotel so if you are coming for work then perhaps be a bit wary! The hotel staff dependent on who was working were fairly helpful, some more than others. The breakfast was my favourite part of the experience with a huuuuuge variety of things to chose from! I really enjoyed trying local meats and cheeses as well as a range of cereals, breads, beverages. The location is also very central and is close to many of the sites most tourists want to see. The tram service in Amsterdam is very good and there is a tram stop less than 5 mins away from the hotel. Overall a pretty average experience but I think I would have enjoyed it more in a big group so perhaps a personal opinion!
- Also Known As:
- Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Hotel
- Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Hotel Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our unique location offers everything for a perfect stay in Amsterdam. We are situated in the beautiful Vondelpark near the Leidseplein entertainment area. The three major and best known museums in Amsterdam (the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum & Stedelijk Museum) are within 5 minutes walking distance. We offer plenty of activities for exploring the city. A free daily walking tour which is great to meet others travelers and to get inside information about Amsterdam. Or rent a Stayokay City bike and discover Amsterdam by yourself. The famous Canal Belt is best to be explored during a canal cruise. Enjoy great food & drinks offers in our bar dur one of the themed bar nights. We look forward to seeing you soon; Welcome in Amsterdam! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.