Stayed here for a four nights between Christmas and New Years and was very impressed with this hotel.
First thing to note this that this isn't a "hotel" as you might expect: no room service, no 24-hour reception. It is a small hotel with limited front desk hours, and obviously in an adapted row (terraced) house. As such, don't expect the services of a full service hotel.
* Small, intimate hotel; very good and friendly service
* Great location very close to multiple tram lines (which are THE way to get around); easy walking distance to the musuemplein (Van Gogh & Rijks). Direct tram to centraal station.
* Very quiet residential neighbourhood (and a world away from the somewhat tacky tourist traps of Damrak downtown)
* Once checked in, you have 24 hour access to the hotel with your room key
* Excellent breakfast selection including fresh eggs
* A number of good restaurants within walking distance (on Van Baerlestraat)
* Limited check-in hours
* Room was on small side (not unusually so for european cities, though); but bathroom was huge
* Unusual shower/bath combination - the shower "door" only covered half the length of the bath, so you couldn't help gettting water spashed over the (tiled) floor
* My first night was cold (but I think that was because they'd been closed for Xmas & Boxing day); other days and nights were pleasent
* In cold weather (which it was when I was there) the window area was cold; but the curtain was think and big enough to cut out draughts and keep the heat in the room
* A little expensive
Overall, highly recommended. I'd definitely stay here again on my next trip to Amsterdam.