Stayed here for a four nights between Christmas and New Years and was very impressed with this hotel.
First thing to note this that this isn't a "hotel" as you might expect: no room service, no 24-hour reception. It is a small hotel with limited front desk hours, and obviously in an adapted row (terraced) house. As such, don't expect the services of a full service hotel.
* Small, intimate hotel; very good and friendly service
* Great location very close to multiple tram lines (which are THE way to get around); easy walking distance to the musuemplein (Van Gogh & Rijks). Direct tram to centraal station.
* Very quiet residential neighbourhood (and a world away from the somewhat tacky tourist traps of Damrak downtown)
* Once checked in, you have 24 hour access to the hotel with your room key
* Excellent breakfast selection including fresh eggs
* A number of good restaurants within walking distance (on Van Baerlestraat)
* Limited check-in hours
* Room was on small side (not unusually so for european cities, though); but bathroom was huge
* Unusual shower/bath combination - the shower "door" only covered half the length of the bath, so you couldn't help gettting water spashed over the (tiled) floor
* My first night was cold (but I think that was because they'd been closed for Xmas & Boxing day); other days and nights were pleasent
* In cold weather (which it was when I was there) the window area was cold; but the curtain was think and big enough to cut out draughts and keep the heat in the room
* A little expensive
Overall, highly recommended. I'd definitely stay here again on my next trip to Amsterdam.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Odigeo, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your NL-Hotel Museumplein reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.