So I really LOVED this hotel.
I'm a self-confessed slave to nice design, beautiful-ness, slightly and romantic ideals, and quirkiness and this hotel appealed to everything I love!
I was sold by the funky looking decor and pretty chairs based on the pictures on the Internet and was slightly nervous that it would turn out to be clever photography... But it wasn't.
So, some of the visual things that I loved about this hotel to give you a feel for it:
- the quirky chairs in reception (as pictured)
- the net curtains with the silhouettes in Delft pottery patterns
- the selection of Delft plates placed in a great arrangement
- the modern photo-montage version of Vermeer's 'Girl with a Pearl Earring'
- the funky 'space-saving' dining room in which dishwasher, cooker, fridge, bin etc are cleverly hidden in the wall!
- the personalised (to the hotel obv!) wallpaper in the bedrooms
And some of the things I generally enjoyed about staying here...
- being brought a cup of tea as we were checking in as I was coughing a bit, with the mention that the lovely lady had already popped some honey in it!
- the mini stroopwaffels left in our room each day
- the absolute silence in the street at night
- the delicious continental breakfast each day... Croissants, pastries, meats, cheeses, cereals, yogurts etc etc
The brilliant Nespresso coffee machine!
Yes as some people have mentioned the rooms are quite small... But really that's no more than an observation, in that they're not massive! But who needs a big room?? More importantly for me they were beautiful, and very comfortable - and I felt like I was on holiday!
The staff were so helpful and kind and I loved every moment of it!
It took us 5 minutes to walk to the Museumplein, and may e 15 at a good pace to reach Leidesplein where many bars and restaurants are.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.