“TINY deluxe room” 3 of 5 stars
Review of NL-Hotel Museumplein

You added NL-Hotel Museumplein to your Saves list
NL-Hotel Museumplein
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Frans van Mierisstraat 34, 1071 RT Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Special Offer
Free bottle of wine
Ranked #87 of 346 Hotels in Amsterdam
Certificate of Excellence 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Rooms are large. A very quiet street. The staff, I believe it was Katarina, couldn't have been more helpful. Anything we asked about she found out. Breakfast was fine for 10E. Trams ran on the main street half a block from the property. Easy access, We could get around anyplace we wanted. A wonderful city, good food close by.

Room Tip: We stayed one level above reception. Very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Salvador - Bahia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Staff is really kind, always ready to help and give the informations we needed. Location is excellent, in a quiet neighbourhood, perfect to rest after a day of sightseeing, but in a walking distance of the best museums (in the Museumplein), the tram lines and a big supermarket. Rooms are cozy, with a nice décor, although they're small (even smaller then they look in the pictures).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The hotel was located in a lovely, quiet part of the city but near the tram system. The co-owners and staff were very friendly and exceptionally helpful during my week-long stay. Having an elevator was appreciated as was the coffee machine in the room. Room was small but most are in Europe unless you want to spend 3 times the amount of money. The room and common areas were clean and decorated nicely and there was great lighting in the room. I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Harpers Ferry, WV, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

First, the positives: The location is pleasant and away from the night life of Amsterdam, more or less. It is only 2 blocks from the Van Gogh Museum and other tourist sites, also the tram stop. The place is nicely decorated and spotlessly clean. It has an elevator. There is a breakfast offered, but I had to leave early in the morning, before 0700 when breakfast was available. The reception staff speaks excellent English, knowledgeable about tourist sites and transport, and is eager to help. The room was just okay, nicely decorated. There was air conditioning, but more about that later. First, the sign on the hotel just reads "NL-Hotel" so I could only confirm that I was at the right hotel by checking the house number. Second, the front door is kept locked all day, so I had to knock at the front door to alert the reception that I was at the door. I went up to the room, but the electronic card-key did not work. Had to go back to reception with all my luggage to get a new key. Then, the air conditioning did not work, and the lady at reception had to replace the remote control. (During my stay, the temperatures in Amsterdam hit new record highs, so air conditioning was critical.) But, during the night, the air conditioning stopped working, but no one was at reception. I opened my windows, but then the drunk people coming home were so loud that it was hard to sleep. After only 3 or 4 hours of sleep, I had to wake up to go to the airport. I took a shower, but the water did not drain out of the bathroom. Instead the whole bathroom was flooded with a centimeter of water. So, I could not dry my hair or apply my cosmetics (no mirror in the room). After I contacted the manager with my complaints, he provided a partial refund and his deep apologies. So, I think this new hotel is on the right track, but more attention needs to be given to the details. Also, the room was small. It was fine for me with only one suitcase, but if you were more than one person or had more suitcases, it could be a challenge. Given a little time, I think this place will succeed. The management and staff are eager to learn and to please their clientele.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Bologna, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

In this month of August, I traveled a lot for business and leisure, this place was a positive surprise for a night's stay. I like to emphasize the reception really friendly, motivated and professional. The hotel is serviced by an elevator inside, the stairs are very steep, overall it is definitely a hotel where to stay, especially if you want to visit the Museum Square. The hotel has a service to rent bicycles, a fundamental tool to experience the city at its best.

Room Tip: Book the room in time before it remain the litlest one; nice but really little one.. :)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed here for three nights in late July. We had a deluxe room on the top or 5th floor. The bed was super comfortable and the room had great lighting, a refrigerator, coffee maker, a flat screen TV, air conditioning, and free wireless internet that had great connection speed. The room is small, yet very functional. The shower had great water pressure. We also received breakfast in our rate when I prepaid for the three nights. Breakfast is generally 10 euros per person. I received the room with breakfast included for 85 euro per night which was a great deal for Amsterdam. Breakfast included cereals, yogurt, fruit, eggs, meats, cheeses, and breads and pastries. Juice, milk, and coffee or tea to drink. The hotel is about a 5 minute walk to the Rijksmuseum or Van Gogh Museum. It is located on a quiet side street. Also 5 minute walk to catch the number 5 tram which can take you all the way to Centraal Station as well as stops at the Leidseplein, and Dam Square. We bought a multi-day transportation card and highly recommend this if you plan on using the trams and buses. When we arrived in Amsterdam, we took the airport bus for just under 4 euro per person and it drops you 5 minutes from the hotel. It was about a 15 minute ride. The staff was very friendly and gave us a great map of Amsterdam as well as helpful with directions and recommendations for restaurants or things to do. We would definitely stay here again when in Amsterdam. Would also recommend the restaurant De knijp for dinner. Very good food and only about 2 blocks from the hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to NL-Hotel Museumplein? Share your experiences!