“Unique decoration but, a mouse come to visit..:))” 4 of 5 stars

You added Hostelle to your Saves list
Hostelle
Frankemaheerd 2, Amsterdam 1102 AN, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #56 of 171 Specialty lodging in Amsterdam
“Unique decoration but, a mouse come to visit..:))”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We found a bit difficult to find the place, but there was some signs lead us to Hostelle and after we tried other way, it is easy from Bijlmer Arena. We arrived at 7.30 morning, but the room was not ready yet, it's normal and ok for us. And we can took a bath which relieving for us.
The place is nice, decoration is good and unique, staff is very kind especially curly girl who reminds me of Alicia Keys..:))
Bathrooms also clean, kitchen is clean and complete with plates-glasses even refrigerator for our foods. Overall the hostelle is great. I enjoy it. Until on my last night at Amsterdam, I found a mouse, small one, in my room.
I reported it, and the staff so surprised by my story. I thinks it is because a hole somewhere inthe room and our roomates put a lot of foods inside in open condition. I guess the hostel has to fix something and put some rules for that.
Hope the others will never meet the mouse again.. enjoy...

• Stayed July 2013

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The hostel is quite far from the attractions although the public transportation system is close by and the staff is helpful in providing directions. The hostel was nearly empty when I was there so I had a room to myself for one night and it was quite lonely & quiet. However, the next night more people came. There's no real restaurants in the area, only quick serve restaurants in the shopping area nearby which closes quite early so make sure you eat in the city centre before you go back to the hostel. I found the hostel itself to be safe seeing as there is security downstairs, but the surrounding area did not seem as safe. The rooms were clean and the decor was really cool. It was nice to have a kitchen to use as well. Overall, it was a good stay but not very lively.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

The location is great, a very short walk from the metro which also takes you past cafes and supermarkets. The rooms are clean and cosy, lockers (with padlocks) are provided and there are a few shelves by the bed for each person in the dorm. The cute decor even extends to the bathrooms and showers. Reception staff were very friendly and have me a full tour on arrival which always makes you feel welcome. There is a small kitchen a loads of seating (including pleanty of tables) where you can eat/ relax. The only thing I would say is that 5EUR for a towel in too much and I didn't want to buy one and then have to carry it round or throw it (all my other hostels provided them free of charge or you could rent them for a small fee). If you need a towel go to 'Zeemans' (on the way to the hostel) and buy one for 2.50EUR!

• Stayed July 2013
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

The hostel as you walk in is beautiful and presented lovely which every girl would love!
Each bedroom, bathroom has its own little theme which is quite cute and homely. The service was good but not too personable which was a shame.
The design if the showers were not thought out well, only few drains in the actual showers which meant you would have to trek through wet floors to shower, brush your teeth, do your make up.
Having a kitchen is always a bonus in a hostel but this one is tiny and there was never any room in the fridge for new comers and the bins were always over flowing with rubbish.
Overall this hostel has ALoT of potential to be amazing! The decor is unique and beautiful, the rooms are pretty reasonable size.. There just needs to be a lot of work to improve the little things! Including hard squeaky beds!

• Stayed June 2013
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Stayed in a 6 bed dorm for 3 nights in May 2013
-Incredibly Cheap
-Room was modern, clean, tidy and the bed very comfortable
-Shower room and toilets clean, tidy and well presented
-Directions on the website and all information clear and helpful
-Free Wifi and padlock for underbed locker
-5 minutes walk from Amsterdam ArenA and Bijlmer Metro
-Only downside was that the other guests in my room were like extras from One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest or Girl,Interupted :/

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Would not stay here again. We stayed in a private twin room. The rooms were clearly not cleaned beforehand; we found rubbish under our beds. Moreover, the free wifi advertised failed to work in our room as it was at the end of the corridor. There was no hot water in our shower for one day and nothing was done to help the situation when we asked the receptionist for help. The rooms are also quite small. Location is okay as it is quite close to a metro station.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed here for one night, arrived before the rooms where ready + the staff put my bag into a locked room for me so that after checking in/paying I could go and explore rather than wait around at the hostel which I thought was lovely! Not into the party scene myself so was in the perfect place for me! Nice and chilled and relaxed, beautifully decorated!
Only downsides for me would be that the radiators are loud, so if your a light sleeper, make sure you have earplugs! And that when I went to go to sleep, I found that my sheet had a tear in the bottom of it. The sheet was clean, so I didn't bother changing it (plus the others in my room where already asleep, didn't want to wake them), but it was annoying and weird!!
Wifi worked pretty well, but when more people came back into the hostel later in the night, it did slow down a lot. Easy to find it with the directions + is sign posted most of the way anyway.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hostelle? Share your experiences!