“Exactly what I wanted” 3 of 5 stars
Review of West Side Inn Hotel

You added West Side Inn Hotel to your Saves list
West Side Inn Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Voorburgstraat 250, 1059 VD Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Formerly HEM Hotel Amsterdam)   |
Ranked #270 of 357 Hotels in Amsterdam
Amsterdam
“Exactly what I wanted”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I was on a budget trip so this hotel was perfect, clean and warm and friendly staff. Unfortunately I went as the storm hit Amsterdam so the trams were down and it was quite a walk from town! Although the location is a bit dodgy, the hotel was safe and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Arnhem, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

+ Quite close to city center (by tram; bus), 15-20 mins.

- When we got in the room first thing that hit us was its smell - disgusting. They put a fan, thinking it would cool down the 28 (stable) degrees, which we had to keep switched on for the time we were in the room (luckily only a few hours) in order to avoid suffocation, from the smell as well. There was no possibility of opening the window (which gave view directly on the corridor and other rooms), the AC was broken, the sink was held by plastic foil (seriously?), the shower holder was full of rust. Towels and sheets smelled like rotten fruit and made us itchy. Ok, we were 4 friends having a night out in Amsterdam and we decided not to make such a big deal out of it.. But honestly, if they offer you room 137, stay away.

Room Tip: I don't know about other rooms, but AVOID 137!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

If your looking for a good price make sure you can find the cheapest price per night if you stay here. There's no actual heat you have to use a space heater. If you don't plug it in the right wall your going to knock the power out. They don't tell you how to get back in "after hours." But if your looking for cheap & a few tram stops from the city this is your place.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank MsMomo2U
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I have no words to express myself !
I thought I was in a nightmare !
Appart one friendly guy to the reception. This can not be called a Hotel
From A to Z nothing is to be hold. Rotten carpets and full of humidity walls, beds with stains on them and smelly pillows. JUST TO VOMIT !!! Not only that but I had a mouse in my room and when I complain the girl from the reception she almost kicked me out of the hotel!!! Waouuuu scary place that should be completely closed and renovate. If you wish to end up with an infection well this is the place to be. Do never recomed this place to anyone there is no hygiene in it ! I would not even recomed this to my worst enemy !

Room Tip: If you wish to destroy your hollydays well this is the place to be !!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Leni L
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My colleagues had several complaints with their rooms (too cold or too stuffy), but the one I am staying in was quite alright (Room 401), could be because the top floors were just refurbished, we heard. The small lift that goes up is rather claustrophobic and slow though. My biggest complaint is that my room couldn't get the wireless internet signal, and I had to go down to the lounge to do my work. Don't expect too much from the room, there was no safe, no hair dryer, no iron, etc. and the hotel had no gym, no business centre, etc.

Bar had a pool table which we played a few games for 2 Euro each, but we didn't try the drinks. Breakfast was good enough, basic european fare but i have had hotel breakfasts with really limited choices (just hard bread, cheese, ham and boiled eggs). This one at least had more variety, such as scrambled eggs, bacon, nice croissants, etc.

Distance to the city centre is about 25 mins by tram no. 2, which may be a put off to some.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is a good little hotel if you are travelling on a budget and just want somewhere clean with a comfortable bed to sleep. The staff were really helpful and offered lots of advice of how to get to different parts of town.

Some reviews have complained about the distance of the hotel to the City, however the the tram into the City is quick and cheap. Plus you get to see parts of Amsterdam you wouldn't see if staying centrally.

Overall I would say that this is a nice little place, with friendly staff and clean rooms.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
HemHotel, Guest Relations Manager at West Side Inn Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for writing this review. We are glad to read you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel and that you are very positive about our staff, transport options and the rooms. We hope to welcome you again in our hotel in the future!
Kind regards, West Side Inn Amsterdam