“Poor” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Armada Hotel

You added Armada Hotel to your Saves list
Armada Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Keizersgracht 713 - 715, 1017 DX Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Rembrandtplein)   |
Ranked #301 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Ahmedabad, India
“Poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

This hotel is just nothing...! I was put in a room in the basement (AGAIN!) and my friend was on the top floor... The elevator does not work, so I had to climb up and down every time... My room in the basement was right next to a garbage bin - which means people were there all the time dumping glass bottles and I could hear it across my room... The location is the only thing going for this place, it does not have a any form of service and even the basics are not up to the mark...

Room Tip: Dont take the basement room... the elevator does not work... and the cleaning lady is always looking...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Although the setting and external appearance of the hotel was lovely the rooms were not very good, although the garden view was pleasant enough and the bed comfortable the downsides were torn curtains, not a lot of furniture, no plugs for the plug holes, no drinking glass for cleaning teeth, one huge bottle of liquid soap, A basic lack of the niceties. My friends room was worse.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Roedovre, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Elevator did not work and there are 4 flights of stairs:-(
Nowhere to hang your stuff
The beds are the worst I have slept in anywhere - Laos countryside was better
Not a glas in the room to drink from
No breakfast service
No remote, but that was of no importance, the signal was better in North Korea

And, the price was EUR 290 a night t!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go somewhere else

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Budget hotel for sure, the decor is a little dated, but the rooms are clean, the location is excellent.

The elevator didn't work while we were staying, seems like it might have been broken for a long while... If you can't do stairs, do not stay here. Other than that, the price was great, the rooms decent, and location very good.

Room Tip: Ask if the elevator is working, if its still out of service, get a room on a low floor. The stairs a...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
cancun
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I am the manager of TravelMagma.com
I stayed at your hotel at 18.4 for 3 nights.
First I came to the hotel to check-in at 14:00 and it wasn't ready (it suppose to be ready at 13:00)
So we left our stuff and then came back to the hotel at 21, we got the last room left in the hotel as it was full,
It was the room downstairs WITHOUT a view to the canal and also every time we had a shower all the room was flooded as the drain was blocked.
When we booked the room through hotels.com we were promised a room with a canal view and we didn't get it! We were on time in the hotel
and the room wasn't ready at check-in time. If I had known that we wouldn't get the nice room with the view I would have booked another hotel.
Only 2 days later when you had a free room you changed us.
I would like to get a compensation on the room price for not getting the room we were promised.
I know that all the rooms has the same price, but you promised me one thing and I got another room!
I contacted the manager of Armada hotel through his email:
houman@savoyhotel.nl
and got no response, also the receptionist didn't want to call the manager and ask so i can complain personally.
Let me know your response asap, Here is the room details:

Room details
One Double Bed
This room overlooks the water. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. The private bathroom has a bathtub or shower, as well as a hair dryer. Climate control, a desk, and cribs/infant beds are among the conveniences offered. This room is Non-Smoking.

Check in details
Guests planning to arrive after 6 PM are asked to contact the hotel in advance to arrange check-in. Contact details are provided in the booking confirmation.

Room charges
Price per room per night 212,00€
Total 636,00€
Deposit paid 636,00€
Total due at hotel 0,00€

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

We came on Kings Day, and could bearly reach the door, there was a concert outside the hotel.
There is no food, but the reseption is helpful, they smile and provide excellent help. No luxury but its ok. Clean rooms, new towels every day and close to almost everything.
I recommand the place

Been to Armada Hotel? Share your experiences!