“This Armada needs sunk. Dark,dingy,dire,dilapidated.decrepit.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Armada Hotel

Save Saved
You added Armada Hotel to your Saves list
Armada Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Keizersgracht 713 - 715, 1017 DX Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Rembrandtplein)   |
Ranked #294 of 345 hotels in Amsterdam
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“This Armada needs sunk. Dark,dingy,dire,dilapidated.decrepit.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed in Armada in early Sept 2013,for 2 nights. and can only say, in our opinion, after 30 years of European and especially Eastern European travels.it is the worst hotel we have ever encountered. Its ONLY good point was its fairly central location.
We had requested a low floor room but were given the 3rd floor attic with no lift which was so small, the bed was at the door. The allnight café/bar attached to the building meant no sleep at all on the 1st night due to the noise,which was intolerable. from people sitting outside, it was as if they were in our room.
2nd night we got a lower room at the back of the hotel which mercifully was quieter at night, but when opening wooden balcony doors we were horrified to see the dangerous rotting condition,
with a broken fire escape leading directly to our room.
This hotel is desperately in need of a complete renovation and refurbishment
The cold buffet breakfast was distinctly average and the staff were as cold and uninteresting as the breakfast.
This was altogether a very expensive but disappointing mini break to Amsterdam and we have never been so glad to return home. The Tourist Board really needs to inspect this hotel, as its not even worthy of 1 star.

Room Tip: Just DONT choose this hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

169 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Amsterdam
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during a conference period in the city when the room rates were artificially enhanced. Room rate £200, total robbery. No Facilities. Broken lift. Had to carry bags to 3rd floor.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Evergem, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

In the beginning of July I went here with friends to go and see Ke$ha in concert. We searched for a low cost hotel and found this in the heart of Amsterdam. We were with 5people and got the room at the top of the hotel. In the attic. It was super cosy, fun to hang around in with friends and generally giving us a comfortable place to chill. The shower water however, was cold as ice, which we didn't mind as it was very hot outside. the receptionist was very friendly and funny! definitely coming back (only if I'm with friends!).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Expensive! Bit of a treck to get anywhere, but close to the tram at least. Although the beds were quite comfy and the wifi free, the handheld shower pissed me off, the staff were grumpy and unhelpful, the phone in our room did not work and they did nothing to try and fix it for us, the breakfast was unsatisfactory and the morning waitresses seemed constantly in a bad mood. The price of our room went up from £70 to £100 the second night and we were then told staying a third would triple it (as there was some festival on making it extra busy). Honestly, after this experience I would simply avoid Amsterdam altogether :-/

• Stayed May 2013
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at armada. My room wasn't technically in the armada house it was the house next to it. I must have been upgraded for free because my room was absolutely massive. I had a big queen size bed, desk, couch, wardrobe, self contained bathroom with bath/shower and a flat screen tv... And still enough floor space to do some yoga.
Location was fantastic as I opted to walk everywhere. Rembrandt square was just a few streets back, really good to go for a meal. Rijksmuseum was a short walk away and all the nearby streets were great for shopping. Armada also offer free breakfast in the mornings from 7 til 10am. Buffet style. Nothing too fancy but I was content with eggs and fresh bread and meat every morning. The free wifi was also a nice addition. My only complaint is that I had to lug my 20kg suitcase up a flight of stairs.

• Stayed August 2013
Madrid, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I booked this hotel many weeks ago, had to cancel due to family problems, and am still awaiting the refund they promised they'd make! I've no idea how good or bad it is, but be very careful before giving them your credit card details.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Armada Hotel? Share your experiences!