“Very good position, nice area, needs remodelling” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Armada Hotel

You added Armada Hotel to your Saves list
Armada Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Keizersgracht 713 - 715, 1017 DX Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Canal Ring (Grachtengordel))   |
Ranked #313 of 357 Hotels in Amsterdam

Amsterdam
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during a conference period in the city when the room rates were artificially enhanced. Room rate £200, total robbery. No Facilities. Broken lift. Had to carry bags to 3rd floor.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Evergem, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

In the beginning of July I went here with friends to go and see Ke$ha in concert. We searched for a low cost hotel and found this in the heart of Amsterdam. We were with 5people and got the room at the top of the hotel. In the attic. It was super cosy, fun to hang around in with friends and generally giving us a comfortable place to chill. The shower water however, was cold as ice, which we didn't mind as it was very hot outside. the receptionist was very friendly and funny! definitely coming back (only if I'm with friends!).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Expensive! Bit of a treck to get anywhere, but close to the tram at least. Although the beds were quite comfy and the wifi free, the handheld shower pissed me off, the staff were grumpy and unhelpful, the phone in our room did not work and they did nothing to try and fix it for us, the breakfast was unsatisfactory and the morning waitresses seemed constantly in a bad mood. The price of our room went up from £70 to £100 the second night and we were then told staying a third would triple it (as there was some festival on making it extra busy). Honestly, after this experience I would simply avoid Amsterdam altogether :-/

• Stayed May 2013
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at armada. My room wasn't technically in the armada house it was the house next to it. I must have been upgraded for free because my room was absolutely massive. I had a big queen size bed, desk, couch, wardrobe, self contained bathroom with bath/shower and a flat screen tv... And still enough floor space to do some yoga.
Location was fantastic as I opted to walk everywhere. Rembrandt square was just a few streets back, really good to go for a meal. Rijksmuseum was a short walk away and all the nearby streets were great for shopping. Armada also offer free breakfast in the mornings from 7 til 10am. Buffet style. Nothing too fancy but I was content with eggs and fresh bread and meat every morning. The free wifi was also a nice addition. My only complaint is that I had to lug my 20kg suitcase up a flight of stairs.

• Stayed August 2013
Madrid, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I booked this hotel many weeks ago, had to cancel due to family problems, and am still awaiting the refund they promised they'd make! I've no idea how good or bad it is, but be very careful before giving them your credit card details.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

Saudi Arabia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have asked the reception lady to book us a private boat and she did! She made the reservations and asked for my credit card. Then she called me saying the boat has been reserved for 3:30pm on Sunday! Her name is Nanar. 1 hour later she called me and said they don't accept visa and she said just to come to the hotel and pay with a different credit card. My boat reservation will still be reserved.
When I came back to the hotel there was a guy at the reception he said the lady left for the day. I asked him about the boat he had no idea! and there is no booking at all! Me and my friends were very upset! The reception man was smiling and he didn't care! I told him to call the lady reception who was there before him he said he does not have her #. I asked for the manger # and he refused to give me his # and when I insisted he did!!!
Now listen to this guys!!! I called the manager up! His name is Oma. He was very rood to me! He said the hotel were not suppose to make the reservations. And he asked me what nationality I was! He asked me if I was American! And I said what does that have to do with anything! He said 'Madam you are not in the States, there you can pay 100,000US dollars and bribe the boat companies to book u a a boat'!!!!
Honesty!!! What he said didn't make any sense!!! It just made me very angry!! then he said ' I will hang up the phone on u as I don't have time for this'.!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013