“Great apartment with a cozy feel in the heart of Amsterdam.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sir Nico Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Sir Nico Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Sir Nico Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
663 Prinsengracht, 1016 GM Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)   |
Ranked #22 of 177 Specialty Lodging in Amsterdam
“Great apartment with a cozy feel in the heart of Amsterdam.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

We were very impressed with our stay at Sir Nico's. The apartment is super cozy with and right in the heart of Amsterdam on the Prinsengracht canal. The owner thought of a the little details to make our stay enjoyable. Had a great time, albeit too short.

• Stayed February 2014

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Gex, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

We loved our stay in the canal view studio at Sir Nico Guest House. The location is perfect, with easy access to restaurants, museums and other sites. The owner went out of his way to ensure that we had everything we needed, from the free mini bar to a wide range of toiletries you would normally expect only in the best hotels. Having breakfast looking over the canal was a highlight. The studio was spacious, perfectly clean and definitely secure.

Contrary to the last review, the price was exactly as indicated in our booking. If the person looked carefully, the booking sites states clearly that the city tax of 5.5% is on top. This is the practice in many hotels and bed and breakfast.

We especially appreciated the fact that Nico explained clearly in his confirmation message how to get easily from the airport to the guest house and that he arranged to keep our luggage for us on the last day and had it waiting for us in the evening precisely when we wanted it.

We travel a lot and have rarely had such a warm welcome. It was definitely excellent value for the price. We plan to return again in the future and would recommend it strongly to others.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Rome, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Visitors beware: the owner of this guest house is dishonest. He requests that he be paid in cash, which is his prerogative, but then provided an invoice that included city tax of 5.5%, on what was basically a scrap of paper, with neither an invoice number nor an official VAT number. When we requested that he issue us an official invoice, he refused. We then requested a refund of the city tax, and he also refused. The particular room that we stayed in overlooking the canal is extremely small and certainly not worth the amount of money that he requested 250 euro for two nights and 300 for one night during the New Year's holiday. There's no closet or armoire and the bathroom is so small that one can barely turn around without hurting oneself. The owner should never greet guests and should consider hiring professional, courteous staff to do so. The owner is quite aggressive. Within five minutes of checking in, he tried to sell us on another property he owned in the Philippines. He then proceeded to tell us that we were obliged to check out on time. His check out policy was 11am and as he put it: "You need to leave at 11am--not 11:01 or 11:10, but 11:--am!" The following day for no particular reason, he phoned us to remind us of the check out policy. When I said that we had understood and that we would be checking out early, he didn't seem to believe us and reminded us of it again. Discourteous and dishonest is how I would describe the owner. Our stay in Amsterdam was lovely. The major downside was this hotel. Visitors be warned: don't stay here if rest and relaxation is what you're looking for. It was intensely stressful.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
nicomolina990, Owner at Sir Nico Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
It is very unfortunate that you have raised many issues that have no bases at all. You and I know that the issues you are raising are not true. And we both know that the reason you got angry with Sir Nico was because when you asked me if you could leave your luggages the following day during check out, I told you that I had an appointment at the same time. Immediately you raised your voice and began a discussion about leaving the luggages. I told you that to end our discussion, I would just cancel my appointment in order to give in to your request, which I did.
The day that you collected your luggages, I was there on time waiting for you, yet you began to raise other issues such as the city tax, the VAT, the check-out time, and the size of the room with the canal view. You said in your comment that I am dishonest and discourteous, yet you could not substantiate or give clear proof of any dishonesty on my part, or discourteousness, for that matter. For instance, you claim that you requested me for a receipt, when in fact you did not, yet without you asking, I gave you a receipt. You claimed I phoned you before check out time, when in fact it was your wife who called me up to tell me that you would prefer to leave 30 minutes before check out time. Now, who is dishonest?
As for being discourteous, in fact I took good care of you while you were staying at Sir Nico by way of regularly asking you if you needed anything or if you felt uncomfortable, apart from ensuring that your room is always clean and always in order. It is not in my character to raise my voice infront of my guests, whoever they may be. I hope I made myself clear.
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed for two nights at Sir Nico and I have to say it's really a wonderful choice, which was the best part of my trip in Europe this time. The location is great with stunning river view from 3 big windows of the nice and cozy room. Go down stairs and turn left, in 5 minutes you may reach shopping centers, all kind of nice bars and restaurants; if you turn right, the new church, Anna frank house, dam square, red lights, other shopping centers are all within 10 to 15 minutes' walking distance, and walking by the river itself was an unforgettable experience in Amsterdam.
Equipped with nice coffee machine, you may just sit by the window and enjoy cups of coffee, or drink beers from the fridge and have snacks in the basket on the table, all these are free! With excellent wifi, you may share with your friends the pictures, videos at any time. I definitely will come back and stay longer next time.

Room Tip: It really worth to pay a bit more to get river view room, you will not regret!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here late Sept and cannot speak highly enough of Nico and the way he looked after us. Nico goes out of his way to ensure that you are comfortable and have everything you need. We arrived with a load of laundry that needed attention and Nico took the time to walk us up to the local laundry to show us exactly where it was. The room is lovely, right on the Prinsengracht and a 5 minute walk to the Liedersgracht and the tram stop. Whilst not a B&B in the true sense of the word Nico provides a fabulous range of food, snacks and drinks which should tide anyone over. Cafe's and bakeries are close by so not an issue. Nico even turned up with ear plugs for my wife who is a light sleeper to ensure that she wasnt disturbed and would check daily to see if there was anything we needed and that all was ok. We'd definitely stay here again if we're back in Amsterdam. Thanks Nico, keep up the great work.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We finally arrived at 663 Prinsengracht on 29 Sept 2013... Not knowing whether we arrived at the correct place, a fine gentleman around his 30's to 40's came up to us almost instantly and asked whether we are the correct guest. We were pretty surprised he waited for us to arrive. He is Sir Nico, the owner and the host.
The tour to our room started, as he opened the door for us to enter the stairways, a gentle softener scent floated around the area and guided us to the room. As we entered the room, we were delighted. The room was sincerely decorated and he explained that the drinks and some snacks and other little amenities that were found in the room were complimentary... We could see a passionate touch in every corner of the room, as if we were extraordinary guest that he had been waiting for.
What could we asked for more?
All the above were a little understated as we would like you to explore it for yourself. The beginning should be enticing already.
Thanks Sir Nico for being a marvelous host.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Wonderful room, very clean, great location; friendly and helpful owner, great service (e.g. breakfast, bike rental, free toiletries and coffee); we would definitely book again!

Hint: Use "Park&Ride" (only 8€ per day) instead of parking in the city centre (45€ per day)!

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Sir Nico Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!