“Spare ribs to die for!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #460 of 2,317 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Dutch, International, Egyptian
London
“Spare ribs to die for!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

The first night we ate here wasn't too good and the lady who took our order got mine wrong. Very bland and dry breaded chicken. But the next time we went with a Dutch friend it was excellent. My spare ribs were amazing, meat just fell off the bone and my husband had a rib-eye steak which he said was wonderful.

Visited April 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Amazing Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Across from the best western blue square hotel was my top meal in Amsterdam, the service matched the outstanding food. I had the fillet steak with buffalo wing and side salad, my partner had the mixed grill with salad.

Every ounce of food and drink was consumed within minutes. To put this food in comparison, I was recently at the Dorchester in London less than 2 weeks ago and this fillet was cooked to a higher standard.

Great atmosphere with live sport playing on the big screen with local customers making a good vibe in the room.

1st review of many to come, but this place deserved the recognition!

Visited March 2014
Auckland, New Zealand
“Out Of This World Spareribs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We were staying at the Best Western Hotel across the road & on our first of 4 nights in Amsterdam we ventured into here for a drink. The bar wasn't salubrious so we didn't stay for dinner but went down the road. 2 nights later on a very rainy night we again went in for a drink but this time stayed for dinner. We both ordered the spareribs. I had the spicy ones, my husband had the regular ones. First to come out were 4 different sauces, then a nice salad, then the Turkish bread ( which luckily we didn't eat) & the piece de resistance the ribs! 2 racks each of the most succulent fall of the bone meat. Yum!! Also had the choice of rice, fries or spaghetti. Too much. I tried to eat it all but couldn't quite manage. Loved every biteful.
Service was very friendly & the waiter Sharif most hospitable. I would highly recommend this place & will most likely return tomorrow night.

Visited October 2013
“Amazing Steak!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the Best Western across the road and just went over after we were tired from travelling and didn't want to venture far. I had the best steak ever. EVER!!!! Tenderloin in an amazing sauce. Not much going on atmosphere wise, staff were nice enough but worth it for that steak!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Johannesburg, South Africa
“loved the grilled salmon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed at the Best Western Blue Square and this restaurant was accross the road. Very warm reception and off to a great start. We all ordered the grilled salmon with dill sauce, which comes with fries and salad. Very tasty. Felt very relaxed there, so much so that we ordered another round of drinks and stayed for coffee, something we dont always do. I really enjoyed this place and would recommend it. Service slowed down towards the end, but i think the waiter thought we had all the time in the world and just wanted to relax.

• Visited July 2013