“Nice Hotel but kind of creepy” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Arena

You added Hotel Arena to your Saves list
Hotel Arena
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   's-Gravesandestraat 51, 1092 AA Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #82 of 346 Hotels in Amsterdam
“Nice Hotel but kind of creepy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

The Hotel have class, that said lets go to other parts, the staff was very nice, the rooms were clean and nice size since it was a budget Hotel. Its was a nice and quite staying. The location is not the best, not close to most attractions but close enough of the TRAM. The Hotel is huge with weird posters, looks like it used to be a great hotel now is a budget one, way too quite with huge wood stairs, looks like a perfect place for suspense movies.... But at the end I recommend for short staying.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Greek first
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stayed a couple nights in September during our trip through Europe. A very trendy hotel with friendly staff. We enjoyed our small but funky loft style room with a very comfortable bed. There is a nice lounge, great for some drinks during the evening, and on the recommendation of the front desk person we took a short walk down the street to a more local bar.
We rented bikes directly from the hotel which was very convenient to tour around Amsterdam. When it rained in the evening we were able to catch the tram easily just down the street. We did stay mid week so we didn't experience alot of noise that has been mentioned in other reviews. It was a great stay and we would stay here again.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the loft since there was only two of us, but it would be rather small for longer stays
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Guildford, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Visited for one night, on business.

Flawless check-in and check out, with friendly staff.

A friendly bar with a good range of beers, which also doubles as the dining room for the self service breakfast. The food was hot and tasty.

Had a very comfortable, clean and well appointed room (123) which overlooks a residential lawn. The room is split over two floors, with a gallery from the bedroom over the sitting room, which is great.

However, access to the bedroom I'd via a very steep, turning, narrow painted staircase. I nearly tripped down it, stone cold sober, and a colleague fell down hers.

Also, the "wall" between the lounge and the bathroom is part obscured glass, so if you really need and value your privacy, this might not be the room for you.

It's worth noting that the hotel has a nightclub, which hosts up to (I believe) 1,000 people, so you may want to enquire as to whether it will be open during your visit, and whether you can get a room away from the action.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Very good hotel would find hard to fault anywhere. We stayed mid week so had no prob with the disco next door but im told it can be noisey. Regardless we thought it was an excellent hotel.
Recendations would be that the office staff take consideration of the clinets ever changing and different challanges when considerating how they can help. We had a date change request which was tuned down due to the fact that we booked on HOTELS.com. Looks like these booking are considered 2nd class ! Not good!

las Vegas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. When I arrived in my room it was dusty, and the mini fridge had someones old food in it. I complained and they upgraded me to a larger room, which was nice. However- my room was never properly cleaned. I stayed at Hotel Arena for 5 days and the bed sheets were never changed- I complained about this twice- which finally resulted in the changing of sheets. The floor was never vacuumed. The countertops were never wiped down, and over all the room was just dirty. Both my husband and I found bug bites when we woke up one morning. The hotel does not have a bell man, a concierge, or really anything you would expect from a four star hotel. There was always a line at the check in desk. Save your money and book a three star or less.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Middlesbrough
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Great Hotel
We arrived at hotel arena too find that booking.com had cancelled our room 2 months prior and not informed us. Following a flight from the uk we were not amused as this was a just a 2 night break, we spoke with booking.com who were extremely unhelpful. However saskia the hotel manager said she would try her best too book us into a room, we were upgraded and paid the same price as quoted on booking.com! What could of been a nightmare was sorted within 20 minutes an we were very appreciative. Our room was lovely, clean and had everything you needed with a gorgeous bath an lots of nice toiletries. Our room was cleaned daily and all staff where polite and happy. We walked about 10 minutes to get the train to Amsterdam central we got a 48 hour pass which made it a lot cheaper than taxis an there was always trains there within 5 minutes at the station. These ran until just before 1am. We liked the fact we weren't directly in the centre an the hotel and surroundings had a nice relaxed feel about it. Overall would definitely visit again hotel and city. Thank you again saskia!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Stockholm
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Was staying at this hotel with some 20 of my colleagues. We were visiting Amsterdam due to a conference over a weekend. In overall I found the staff at this hotel incredibly rude. I'm gluten intolerant and those mornings we stayed at the hotel until they opened the breakfast at 8am, I ended up not getting any food at all. One of my colleagues has diabetes and also gluten intolerant, and a busy work without a breakfast wasn't good for him. Also, I heard the cook saying to the waitress that there is gluten free bread downstairs and the waitress answered, "ok, I tell the client it doesn't exist.". She didn't want to go and get it. Also, when I got home, I saw that the hotel charged me 100e for something, and not knowing what it was, I called them. Again, a rude voice told it was a guarantee for the mini bar, an that the personnel had told me this when I got there. Well, they didn't. And come on, 100€? I didn't look inside the minibar, but they must have had crazy exclusive peanuts there... The rude voice continued educating me that I would get my money back in 3 weeks. Well, what can I do, obviously these people don't see the value of happy customers. I find it a pity.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Arena? Share your experiences!