“My 2nd time with. Escape” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amsterdam Escape

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Amsterdam Escape
Geldersekade Nieuwmarkt, Amsterdam 1012BN, The Netherlands   |
Pattaya, Thailand
“My 2nd time with. Escape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I was in Amsterdam again , I try to get there once a year if possible and try stay with AmsterdamEscape , most times they are booked but I did manage to get in on this trip.

I got to stay in their Amsterdam Hollywood apartment . it's a great spot , lovely canal view, amazing collection of Hollywood memorabilia , play station 3 and games , even a guitar.

It's on the 1st floor so not many stairs .

Good kitchen , comfy bed and Mo is the greeter , a lovely guy from Kenya makes you feel right at home.

fast internet , large TV , loads of DVDs and board games , I could go on and on .

Shower room was cool and plenty of hot water

All in all another wonderful stay . Top marks to the Amsterdam Escape team

Room Tip: Have tried SNUG and now Hollywood and both were wonderful
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

109 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Hillsborough, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We rented the Coca-Cola them apartment. From the moment of booking to leaving, the processes was very easy. Anytime I had a question, it was responded almost immediately despite the time zone difference. We also were arriving early in the morning and since the apartment was unoccupied the night before, early check in was easy. Moe greeted us at the door and help with our bags. He explained the features of the place, hooked us up with some beer and said if we hand any questions to knock downstairs and ask.

The place we rented it self had 2 floors and plenty of sleeping space. In the living room it had a pull out sofa. The room next to that had bunk beds and a full size bed. Upstairs was two more bedrooms with full size beds. It was three people total staying so we each had a room to ourselves with a big bed, but you could sleep 8 if you really wanted plus a sofa.

The living room featured a big dining room table and flat screen TV that had channels in both English and Dutch. The kitchen was also decent with stove top, fridge and microwave. There was a market near by that we got groceries that we used to cook breakfast.

I would fully recommend this apartment or booking any other listing through them. I was recommended to them by a friend and glad they did. It's cheaper than getting a hotel room and much more space than a hotel room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We went to Amsterdam for my 30th birthday & stayed at the Hollywood! I have been to Amsterdam a few times but this was by far the most enjoyable weekend I ever spent there!! First off, Mo was fantastic!! He was so friendly & made us feel right at home!! The checking in process was really easy, we were there very early & he took our bags so we could head out for a few hours while he got the place ready! The apartment was super!! It was much bigger than I thought it would be from looking at other peoples pics! I loved the Hollywood theme & all the knick knacks around the place!! You could spend hours having a nose around at everything!!! It was very clean & cosy! Good size tv, dvds, playstation & even a guitar :-) The views are also stunning, I loved sitting at the table looking out at the canal in the morning with a coffee :-) I had never stayed around Nieuwmarkt before, its such a lovely area, loads of great coffee shops! Its a bit calmer there than it is around Dam Square so I found it a much more relaxing place to stay! Having said that, your only about a 10 minute walk from Dam Square so its really central!! It was raining nearly the whole time we were there so it was great to have an apartment to go back to rather than a hotel room! Its fantastic value- most of the hotels I priced up were around the same to be honest!! I would highly recommend Amsterdam Escape!! From start to finish it was a great experience & I will most certainly book with them again when I go back :-)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

If you are fed up with Amsterdam hotels, this is a great alternative. Very cosy apartments in a typical canal house. Very friendly, relaxed service, great for small groups and a very central location.

The apartment are not modern, but they are clean and comfortable.

The road outside can be a litle noisy snf there is no double glazing, so might not be best for the noise-sensative.

The staff are so helpful, especially Mo, who always makes me feel so welcome.

Highly recommended for a relaxed stay in Amsterdam.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Pattaya, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Well we have been to Amsterdam as a group several times but never managed to get availability with Escape before as they were usually booked. We were in luck on our latest trip last weekend as we got to stay in Escape's Amsterdam Coke apartment.

We were five guys so it was ideal for us as it had 5 beds. Coke apartment has 2 floors, canal view, large TV, free minibar, kitchen, Beer tender and beer. The location was perfect, just beside Nieuwmarkt, our favorite spot in all of Amsterdam. Nieuwmakt has it all, great bars, coffeeshops and beside the red-light district.

The decor is COKE, coca cola everywhere, from floor to ceiling so its unusual to say the least.

We all enjoyed our visit and the Coke apartment was ideal for our stay, it had everything we needed and more

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Great canal view. Not suitable for small kids as the bedrooms are up a steep set of steps. Ideal f...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012 via mobile

My friend and I stayed in the Snug apartment. It's definitely the same place that is photographed but it looks much cooler in photos. In person the apartment is sort of dull in color and desperately needs to be dusted.

We had no problem getting our key from their employee Peri (who is GORGEOUS btw) and he was even nice enough to let lend us his personal iPhone chargers. The bed is hard but that's more of a preference issue.

What really irked me about my stay is that Amsterdam Escape emailed us at 1AM to let us know that they were selling the apartment and would be showing it at 3:30PM later that day. I found that pretty rude especially since it was only due to jet lag that we happened to check our email at that time.

Other than that it's a cool place. Great location, very safe. If you're not going to use the unique amenities like the play station and kitchenette I wouldn't waste my money though.

Also pay through PayPal to be on the safe side.

• Stayed April 2012
Stavanger, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

We stayed at the Hideaway for a week during new years. Had a really good time, and both Mo and the online service was as always, very good and helpful.

The apartment was okay, if you like it small and cosy :)
The location is great, nearby the Niewmarkt, lots of good restaurants and things to do.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Amsterdam Escape? Share your experiences!