“Attention to the stairs” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Kap

You added Hotel Kap to your Saves list
Hotel Kap
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   den Texstraat 5b, 1017XW Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Stadsdeel Zuid)   |
Ranked #258 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Aveiro, Portugal
“Attention to the stairs”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We went last December, right after Xtmas and we choose this hotel for the price and location.
We found out a good price at Bo_king and the room said private shower. Be careful, its not a bathroom, its only a shower.
The first time you look to the stairs they're really scary...specially with bags and luggage.

In a 2min walk you have Heineken Experience, 5min walk get to Rijksmuseum and VanGogh, but to the city center its a 15min walk.
The breakfast was fair, but got all the essentials.
Suggestion: rent the hotel bikes for a free ride in the city, its the real way to live the Amesterdam life in the city

Room Tip: Try to have a room with private bathroom, and in the lowers floors.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Me and a friend stayed at Hotel Kap for 4 nights. We can only speak positively of our time there. The staff did a great deal of effort to make us feel comfortable and happy, and the breakfast was pleasant and attended (granola, yogurt, hot drinks, bread, croisants, cold meat, jam, fruit). For a 2 star hotel and what we paid our stayed was much better than expected, and also the location is great. Literally 10 minutes walking to town and round the corner from the museums.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for three nights. I have read back at previous reviews and I honestly don't know what is wrong with some people. This is a two star hotel! Due to doing a little RESEARCH when booking, my girlfriend and I were fully aware of the toilet situation. In the end we had our own en-suite. The room was clean. The bathroom was clean. The stairs are steep so it's not ideal for older guests. The owner (Chan) behind the desk was incredibly helpful and friendly. We were very impressed by the amount of choice at breakfast. Breakfast is scheduled to finish at 1030 but even when I was late down at around 11, Chan heavily encouraged me to eat something. The Wi-Fi was a little temperamental but it was getting fixed a day or two after we left. The location is very good as we were able to walk to all the major tourist destinations. All in all I would rate this hotel very highly. I would definitely stay again. James and Vicky.

Room Tip: We stayed in room no.5 and we had an en-suite.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Milan, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed at the Kap during a business travel. I was coming from an almost 24 hours shift, and it provided a very restful sleep for me. Very confortable rooms and beds. There is no toilet in the rooms, but this is clearly stated.

The location is just perfect: close to the RAI, if you need to be there, and you can just walk around in the city center.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Amsterdam is a wonderful place to visit and if your considering going to Europe this is a place I'd recommend. We stayed at the Kap hotel and it took us awhile to find it while we smelled like garbage and in dire need for a shower after a 7 hour red eye flight from Detroit. We were greeted by a friendly oriental man who was the manager and this man was funny, kind and very helpful. If you had any questions about getting around he would give you clear details and directions and the hotels location is great. Across a canal and down from the old Heineken Brewery and also has a team station close to it called Weteringcircuit. I believe 3 different trams stopped there so it was an accessible location and great place to be.

• Stayed May 2013
Gros Islet, St. Lucia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Upon checking in I realized that the rooms have no toilets!!! And when I told the staff that I would not be staying as a toilet is important to me I was given the worst treatment. The young guy at front desk started to raise his voice and tell me I knew what I was getting into and that I should take my things and get out! He even threw some papers in my face! I wouldn't stay there if someone paid me!! And the attitude of staff was shocking. Do yourself a favor for the same price I was able to get into a best western.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is a two star hotel, no more, so please dont stay here if two stars aint good enough. Mostly becouse the staff is so great and nice that i wouldnt want them to deal with dissapointed guests.
They made my stay, my honeymoon, so nice, helpfull and charming guys that go that extra mile for you.
I forgot all my shoes at the hotel and they send them to me! No normal 2 star hotel would do that!
Go here for the location, price and friendly staff.
I will def stay here again. Reccomend the larger rooms with french balcony.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Kap? Share your experiences!