“Great place to sleep” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Kap

Save Saved
You added Hotel Kap to your Saves list
Hotel Kap
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   den Texstraat 5b, 1017XW Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Stadsdeel Zuid)   |
Ranked #259 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
Milan, Italy
“Great place to sleep”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed at the Kap during a business travel. I was coming from an almost 24 hours shift, and it provided a very restful sleep for me. Very confortable rooms and beds. There is no toilet in the rooms, but this is clearly stated.

The location is just perfect: close to the RAI, if you need to be there, and you can just walk around in the city center.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Amsterdam is a wonderful place to visit and if your considering going to Europe this is a place I'd recommend. We stayed at the Kap hotel and it took us awhile to find it while we smelled like garbage and in dire need for a shower after a 7 hour red eye flight from Detroit. We were greeted by a friendly oriental man who was the manager and this man was funny, kind and very helpful. If you had any questions about getting around he would give you clear details and directions and the hotels location is great. Across a canal and down from the old Heineken Brewery and also has a team station close to it called Weteringcircuit. I believe 3 different trams stopped there so it was an accessible location and great place to be.

• Stayed May 2013
Gros Islet, St. Lucia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Upon checking in I realized that the rooms have no toilets!!! And when I told the staff that I would not be staying as a toilet is important to me I was given the worst treatment. The young guy at front desk started to raise his voice and tell me I knew what I was getting into and that I should take my things and get out! He even threw some papers in my face! I wouldn't stay there if someone paid me!! And the attitude of staff was shocking. Do yourself a favor for the same price I was able to get into a best western.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is a two star hotel, no more, so please dont stay here if two stars aint good enough. Mostly becouse the staff is so great and nice that i wouldnt want them to deal with dissapointed guests.
They made my stay, my honeymoon, so nice, helpfull and charming guys that go that extra mile for you.
I forgot all my shoes at the hotel and they send them to me! No normal 2 star hotel would do that!
Go here for the location, price and friendly staff.
I will def stay here again. Reccomend the larger rooms with french balcony.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 3 nights in a triple room and this was the first holiday that I went on wig my friends and we thought it was a really good hotel for the money we paid, close to most things and the room was a good size, nothing was broken and the staff were very friendly. Only bad thing was that the stairs were very steep, so I would advise that if you go get an en suite bathroom instead of sharing otherwise had a brilliant time

• Stayed August 2013
St. Petersburg, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

The hotel is located in step-distance from all major Amsterdam places of interest, so you can just walk around the city from mornung till late night. There also is a chance to park your car near the hotel. However, you rather have to ask for local support, using Amsterdam park automats for the first time. It's quite complicated. The hotel itself is small and not very modern. If you come there - mind the stairs. They are as steep as on a battleship. Personnel is kind and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Amsterdam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Located at a good and quiet place. Room was too small for the price of over 70 Euro. Broken window, almost no closet to put in the clothes, No space for the hanger just in front of the shower. No proper table just a weak old piece of wood poorly fixed on the wall. Window glass missing just poorly covered with wood, window couldn't be closed because the closing system ws broken

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Hotel Kap? Share your experiences!