“Great zoo” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Artis Zoo

Artis Zoo
Plantage Kerklaan 38-40, 1018 CZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Binnenstad)
020/523-3400
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Artis Zoo, just to the east of central Amsterdam, provides a good deal for children.
24 attraction reviews
“Great zoo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Visited while staying in amsterdam with my boyfriend. Approx 20 euro entrance fee. Huge range of animals and also a planetarium, zoological museum and aquarium (which the entrance fee covers). We left it a bit late in the day to go and only had 2 hours to get around everything before the zoo closed which really wasn't enough - I would recommend at least 3.5 hours to allow time to get around everything without rushing. We didn't have time for the museum or planetarium. I would go again if I was in amsterdam.

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Sheffield
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Went to the zoo for valentines... Got in for free with our amsterdam city card :)
Good day out me and my boyfriend enjoyed it! Deffinatley worth going

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Valentines treat ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Went to the zoo with my boyfriend on valentines and it was lovely. Big selection of animals and we spent hours wandering about.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
“good city zoo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

very easy to find the zoo. It was 19 Euros each to get in. The zoo seems a bit on the small end of the scale when looking at the zoo map. There was some areas of the zoo where work was being done but this was minor. The walk ways through the monkey and bird enclosure was great for taking photos. Most enclosures were very good in a way that lets the public get close to the animals. The lion enclosure was very good for this. I feel the best enclosure was the wolf's. The wolfs put on a show for us. You could easily spend 3-4 hours here just watching the animals. Another small feature that worked well for DSLR users was the heaters that allowed you to demist your glasses or lenses, before taking photos inside the humid climate.

Overall a great day out when in Amsterdam.

Visited February 2014
“Highly recommend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Visited the zoo with my other half for valentines day, were a bit skeptical at first but once we got inside we were very surprised at the amount of large animals they had- big range of large cats although a lot were sheltering inside due to it being so cold in feb. Absolutely loved the aquarium, some of the biggest fish I've ever seen! Amazing!! Highly recommend this zoo well worth €20