“Modern/trendy perfection” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Conservatorium Hotel

You added Conservatorium Hotel to your Saves list
Conservatorium Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Van Baerlestraat 27, 1071 AN Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Ranked #20 of 349 Hotels in Amsterdam
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Modern/trendy perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

No words to describe the absolutely amazing architecture and decor. Great friendly staff (special thanks to the concierge team). Indoor pools and steam sauna are a must go. Very modern rooms, tvs, gadgets etc.

Room Tip: Rooms are very large in general and have unique decor for each category. Stayed in a rooftop suite...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Conservatorium H, General Manager at Conservatorium Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely words about our hotel. We are delighted that you have enjoyed your spacious room and the friendly service. We also thank you for recommending visiting our Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Center. We hope that you will be our guest again in the future.

Conservatorium Hotel Amsterdam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I really liked the service and the concept, however it was far off the city. Other than that it was quite nice. The front desk people were really nice. The rooms are ok but not very big. If you plan on going to museums its very good.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your impressions with us in regards to your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry to hear that our location in the fashion & museum district was not entirely to your liking. But I am happy that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed our courteous service. Hopefully we may welcome you back in the future.

Scarsdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Beautiful, high-service hotel right near the key museums of Amsterdam. The architect was brilliant -- turning a former bank building into a true work of modern art. Highly suggest breakfast or a drink in the lobby area so you can look up in amazement at the combination of old and new. Also noteworthy is a REAL gym -- large, clean and well stocked with aerobic and weight equipment (not one of your typical European gym/closets). Finally, our "duplex" room was lovely, and the staff was consistently helpful and available. Really as good as any premium hotel we have visited anywhere in Europe.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Conservatorium H, General Manager at Conservatorium Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear guest,

It is a great pleasure to read through your review. We thank you for complementing our architectural design, and are really happy that you have enjoyed it so much. We are also thrilled to hear you enthusiasm about the facilities of our Akasha gym. We hope to see you back soon for another enjoyable stay.

Short hills, nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

From the minute we walked through the door and were greeted by the doorman, we loved our entire four day experience at the Conservatorium. Our room was not huge, but comfortable and spacious enough for a center city hotel room. The room was equipped with many modern amenities and all of our requests were addressed promptly. The concierge arranged wonderful dinner reservations for us. The breakfast buffet was fresh and plentiful. The location is perfect for museum lovers and the tram was across the street. We will definitely return to the Conservatorium and I will be recommending it to others.

Stayed July 2014
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for your warm recommendations and kind praise of our services and facilities. We are very pleased to know that we have contributed to a wonderful time in Amsterdam and are looking forward to your next stay.

Timbuktu, Mali
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I was invited to stay and had a wonderful time. The staff was extremely attentive and I was even upgraded for free to a junior suite because I arrived so early and my room wasn't ready.

The facade was actually extended from the original by glass paneling into the courtyard, making the lobby actually occupy the space between the new entrance and the old facade.

The room was huge, had two floors with two giant tv's and enough buttons to make this savvy traveler wonder which ones to push to get the lights on. It even had two full sized bathrooms, one for each floor. Beautiful furnishings and modern amenities.

I had just gone to the bathroom upstairs when housecleaning came by and rang the bell. They waited 3 seconds and rang again and waited another three seconds. Just enough time to zip my fly back up and run down to find the maid in my room already. They should do something about that!

Had a business lunch at the restaurant in the lobby and the food was delicious.

However, before arriving, I took a look at the prices on the website. I was invited so it didn't matter to me, but the rates were exaggerated. I've been to Amsterdam many times and stayed at 4 star hotels just as nice as this one but for 30% less or better. I would definitely not have stayed here at the going rates and did not feel it provided a good price-quality ratio.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Conservatorium Hotel. We are really happy that you have enjoyed your suite and the delicious lunch in our Brasserie. I am disappointed to find out that our price-quality ratio did not meet your expectations. We always strive to provide a seamless experience for all our guests with exceptional service, that corresponds to the going rates. I really hope you will reconsider staying with us to fully exceed your expectations.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This is a beautiful modern hotel in the museum district. I loved the look and style of the hotel... The decor and lighting are very cool and the bed is so so comfortable. And I loved the location.... Walk to upscale shopping, low key local neighborhoods, Vondal park and of course the museums. It was a 15 tram ride to the center of town, which was not a negative for me. I loved the breakfast every morning, and we dined in the hotel twice. Also had drinks on the lovely terrace. There were 2 small issues that I had with the room and the only reason why this is not a 5 star review ... The hair dryer had no power, or very little power. I have a lot of hair, I like to dry it, and I do not carry a hair dryer with me when I travel. The other issue is that the sliding glass closet doors are very difficult to maneuver.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Conservatorium H, General Manager at Conservatorium Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for letting us know how much you have enjoyed your stay at the Conservatorium Hotel. We sincerely regret that we have not been able to fully meet your expectations. We certainly would have provided a new hairdryer immediately had we been made aware of your issue at the time. I just hope you can make it back for a true five star experience.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We live outside Amsterdam but decided to stay overnight for our anniversary. We chose the Conservatorium initially because we thought the World Cup game would be shown on the big screen in Museumplein which is next door (it wasn't on but never mind). We used the pool and sauna, had dinner and lunch with our son the next day. Everything was superb. The staff are extremely welcoming and professional - everything understated, everything you could want is there but discretely. Food was very good, the room quiet, luxurious and with a bath in the bathroom that you could almost drown in. It exceeded our expectations, we thought we would just be having an overnight stop so we didn't have to drive, but we ended up having a luxurious mini-break we weren't expecting. We will definitely visit the Conservatorium again - lucky us that it is not far away.

Room Tip: All the rooms are fairly pricey but even the lowest rated room is still lovely.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Conservatorium H, General Manager at Conservatorium Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear guest,

It gives us all great pleasure to read your review, and we are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay so immensely. We are really happy to know that we have exceeded your expectations and thank you for pointing out the luxurious experience at our hotel. I am thrilled to know that you would like to return, and it would be my pleasure to welcome you both back.

Conservatorium Hotel Amsterdam

Been to Conservatorium Hotel? Share your experiences!