“Beautiful hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Conservatorium Hotel

Save Saved
You added Conservatorium Hotel to your Saves list
Conservatorium Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Van Baerlestraat 27, 1071 AN Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Ranked #18 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Scarsdale
“Beautiful hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Beautiful, high-service hotel right near the key museums of Amsterdam. The architect was brilliant -- turning a former bank building into a true work of modern art. Highly suggest breakfast or a drink in the lobby area so you can look up in amazement at the combination of old and new. Also noteworthy is a REAL gym -- large, clean and well stocked with aerobic and weight equipment (not one of your typical European gym/closets). Finally, our "duplex" room was lovely, and the staff was consistently helpful and available. Really as good as any premium hotel we have visited anywhere in Europe.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Conservatorium H, General Manager at Conservatorium Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear guest,

It is a great pleasure to read through your review. We thank you for complementing our architectural design, and are really happy that you have enjoyed it so much. We are also thrilled to hear you enthusiasm about the facilities of our Akasha gym. We hope to see you back soon for another enjoyable stay.

528 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Turkish first
Short hills, nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

From the minute we walked through the door and were greeted by the doorman, we loved our entire four day experience at the Conservatorium. Our room was not huge, but comfortable and spacious enough for a center city hotel room. The room was equipped with many modern amenities and all of our requests were addressed promptly. The concierge arranged wonderful dinner reservations for us. The breakfast buffet was fresh and plentiful. The location is perfect for museum lovers and the tram was across the street. We will definitely return to the Conservatorium and I will be recommending it to others.

Stayed July 2014
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for your warm recommendations and kind praise of our services and facilities. We are very pleased to know that we have contributed to a wonderful time in Amsterdam and are looking forward to your next stay.

Timbuktu, Mali
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was invited to stay and had a wonderful time. The staff was extremely attentive and I was even upgraded for free to a junior suite because I arrived so early and my room wasn't ready.

The facade was actually extended from the original by glass paneling into the courtyard, making the lobby actually occupy the space between the new entrance and the old facade.

The room was huge, had two floors with two giant tv's and enough buttons to make this savvy traveler wonder which ones to push to get the lights on. It even had two full sized bathrooms, one for each floor. Beautiful furnishings and modern amenities.

I had just gone to the bathroom upstairs when housecleaning came by and rang the bell. They waited 3 seconds and rang again and waited another three seconds. Just enough time to zip my fly back up and run down to find the maid in my room already. They should do something about that!

Had a business lunch at the restaurant in the lobby and the food was delicious.

However, before arriving, I took a look at the prices on the website. I was invited so it didn't matter to me, but the rates were exaggerated. I've been to Amsterdam many times and stayed at 4 star hotels just as nice as this one but for 30% less or better. I would definitely not have stayed here at the going rates and did not feel it provided a good price-quality ratio.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Conservatorium Hotel. We are really happy that you have enjoyed your suite and the delicious lunch in our Brasserie. I am disappointed to find out that our price-quality ratio did not meet your expectations. We always strive to provide a seamless experience for all our guests with exceptional service, that corresponds to the going rates. I really hope you will reconsider staying with us to fully exceed your expectations.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a beautiful modern hotel in the museum district. I loved the look and style of the hotel... The decor and lighting are very cool and the bed is so so comfortable. And I loved the location.... Walk to upscale shopping, low key local neighborhoods, Vondal park and of course the museums. It was a 15 tram ride to the center of town, which was not a negative for me. I loved the breakfast every morning, and we dined in the hotel twice. Also had drinks on the lovely terrace. There were 2 small issues that I had with the room and the only reason why this is not a 5 star review ... The hair dryer had no power, or very little power. I have a lot of hair, I like to dry it, and I do not carry a hair dryer with me when I travel. The other issue is that the sliding glass closet doors are very difficult to maneuver.

Dear guest,

Thank you for letting us know how much you have enjoyed your stay at the Conservatorium Hotel. We sincerely regret that we have not been able to fully meet your expectations. We certainly would have provided a new hairdryer immediately had we been made aware of your issue at the time. I just hope you can make it back for a true five star experience.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We live outside Amsterdam but decided to stay overnight for our anniversary. We chose the Conservatorium initially because we thought the World Cup game would be shown on the big screen in Museumplein which is next door (it wasn't on but never mind). We used the pool and sauna, had dinner and lunch with our son the next day. Everything was superb. The staff are extremely welcoming and professional - everything understated, everything you could want is there but discretely. Food was very good, the room quiet, luxurious and with a bath in the bathroom that you could almost drown in. It exceeded our expectations, we thought we would just be having an overnight stop so we didn't have to drive, but we ended up having a luxurious mini-break we weren't expecting. We will definitely visit the Conservatorium again - lucky us that it is not far away.

Room Tip: All the rooms are fairly pricey but even the lowest rated room is still lovely.
Dear guest,

It gives us all great pleasure to read your review, and we are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay so immensely. We are really happy to know that we have exceeded your expectations and thank you for pointing out the luxurious experience at our hotel. I am thrilled to know that you would like to return, and it would be my pleasure to welcome you both back.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Conservatorium hotel must be one of the best hotels in Amsterdam.
Build in an old bank building it is certainly an experience staying here.
The staff, food, gym, pool and amenities are excellent.
We have stayed in a duplex deluxe room which was spacious and also very well designed. The rooms are full of high end technology which took us a bit to get used to (many switches etc, everyone was more than happy to explain everything to us though)
The only downside of our stay was the price for parking. When we arrived we valeted our car and did not asked for the price. (I was expecting something like Euro 20 per night) When we checked out we got shocked with Euro 65! for one night....this was explained to us with Amsterdam being the world's 3rd most expansive city for parking....still thought that Euro 65 is taking advantage?!
anyway, would definitely stay here again! next time I just take the train to Amsterdam and leave the car at home :)

Dear guest,

We are absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and are very happy to know that you would like to return in the future. We are sorry that you were unpleasantly surprised by our parking fees, but I would like to stress again that these fees are very comparable to others in the area. The train would indeed be a perfect alternative to avoid Amsterdam’s high parking fees. We really hope you will make it back to Amsterdam to host you as our guest again.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is in an old bank building which is absolutely gorgeous inside. The design is very quirky but
Very classy at the same time. The staff is always willing to help and always available no matter what. The hotel is centrally located in the museumplein area very close to vondulpark, Van Gogh museum and the rijksmuseum. The hotel is also really close to tram stops however you can basically walk to most places. The food was always exceptional even though we did not eat in the hotel often.

The suite we had was a duplex which worked great for my sister and I. One bathroom downstairs and one upstairs which left a lot of room for us individually. The room is appointed very nicely and large enough for two people. The bathrooms are perfect in size and the loccitane products are a major plus. The only negative about the room is the upstairs bathroom door was extremely heavy. While I had no issue with it some more petit guests may have issues opening and closing it. I couldn't not find any other negatives about this hotel is is absolutely beautiful and great staff!

Stayed July 2014
Dear guest,

We are very pleased to receive your five star review and thank you for letting us know how much you and your sister have enjoyed your time at the Conservatorium Hotel. We really appreciate your favorable comments regarding our location, the room layout, and the exceptional culinary experience. We look much forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Conservatorium Hotel Amsterdam

Been to Conservatorium Hotel? Share your experiences!