“One word: Beautiful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Conservatorium Hotel

You added Conservatorium Hotel to your Saves list
Conservatorium Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Van Baerlestraat 27, 1071 AN Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Ranked #17 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Barcelona, Spain
“One word: Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Conservatorium Hotel is simply everything you are looking for if you want to have an unique stay in Amsterdam. Not only the building, rooms and spa are so precious, the level of service is excellent.
From the moment you step out of the taxi, you are warm welcomed by the doorman. The check in is efficient but personal.
The Host is there to make your stay more comfortable and they certainly do! Many good recommendations of restaurants and places to go. Especially Annie, she really took the time to make sure we would see all the good things of Amsterdam.
The Brasserie is a nice place for lunch, the food is very good and the waitresses are nice.
Definitely want to come back!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Conservatorium H, General Manager at Conservatorium Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear guest,

We are very pleased to receive your favorable feedback. Your kind comments form a great source of motivation to all of us, and I will certainly share them with the team, Annie in particular. We are thrilled to know that you would like to return, and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Conservatorium Hotel Amsterdam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Turkish first
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We stayed at the Conservatorium Hotel in Amsterdam for four night in April, 2014. This hotel is very well located my the three big museums - Van Gogh, Rijksmuseum, and modern - and within walking distance of the cannel rides. We stayed in a Conservatorium Suite which gave us the extra room (separate sitting room, bedroom and of course a great bathroom with both tub and shower which made it well worth the extra cost. While the hotel stated out as a bank and became a music Conservatory (giving it the name); the hotel is fully modern both in the rooms and the facilitates. We did have our breakfast in the main floor restaurant (full buffet plus hot dishes off a menu). Service was good and food worked fine for us. The Dinner (food and wine) menu was good; however, the service was a bit slow at times. The best part of the hotel is their concierge service. If you want any thing, just ask them. Good for booking museums to save the long line ups and great for booking day trips. They would get a five plus star.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are better. Would suggest getting a suite just for the extra room.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

We sincerely thank you for choosing the Conservatorium Hotel and for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor. We are happy to know that you have enjoyed your spacious suite, and that our location in the museum district was to your liking. Thank you also for highlighting our concierge services, I will be certain to forward them your kind comments. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Mierlo, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I have been a frequent visitor of the Conservatorium Hotel since the opening a couple of years ago. The consistency of the quality is with out any doubt formidable. I have never ever, in all of my travels throughout the world, experienced this amount of quality and passion for the hotel business as I have experienced in the Conservatorium hotel.

I am enjoying the hotel as a venue to conduct business, I impress my guests with Diner in the Tunes restaurant or with a well spend afternoon in the brassserie where I often lunch.
The Tunes restaurant is a high class experience of wonderfull and tasty food in a formal setting.
The Brasserie gives a broad view of the former outside of the hotel.

Privately I find the Wellness a place to find rest in the swimmingpool and love to enjoy a relaxed massage. There is a watsu bath, in which you float at 36 degrees water which was a seriously calming experience. Especially with my high blood pressure.

So, yes! I will be coming back!

Room Tip: Ask for a treatment if you are stressed, I had one ant I must say it is addictive! Oh and the Garco...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Conservatorium H, General Manager at Conservatorium Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear guest,

We thank you kindly for your continued support of the Conservatorium Hotel and for writing this wonderful review. We are very pleased to receive such favorable feedback, it really means a lot to our entire team. We are very happy to read that you will be coming back in the future and are looking forward to seeing you soon.

Newbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

We had a two night break in Amsterdam and my husband choose the Conservatorium due to excellent reviews. After a warm welcome and a brief chat to the Concierge about our dining likes and dislikes we had 2 restaurant bookings in place. My husband booked the more expensive Deluxe Duplex room which was deeply disappointing due to the fact it overlooked the lobby so you had to have the net curtains closed as you weren't sure if the guests dining below could see in so it felt very claustrophobic - I have never stayed in a hotel with a room that overlooks the lobby before - the lobby is a stunning glassed roofed area which is a lovely space to sit and dine in however it is not a worthy view for such an expensive room - and as such the windows, understandably, do not open so you rely on air conditioning for air flow which made the air in the room feel stale and the room un-aired. We eventually did move rooms and were then faced with a worse view of the rear of the bar areas for the internal offices - I have never had a room down grade before ! I am sure the rooms overlooking the street are much nicer and if we return I would go for a standard room overlooking the street not a duplex. Due to the Duplex rooms having little floor space and very high ceilings they have been designed with a mezzanine level where the bed is and downstairs is a sofa and desk in a very narrow space - it was obviously a design conundrum which doesn't work and feels very disjointed and neither area felt right.
The breakfast was outstanding, lots of choice and very fresh - definitely the best fruit I have had for a long time. The Lobby area is very quirky and a wonderful space. The bicycle rental was arranged easily and the bicycles were top notch and cycling it is a brilliant way to see Amsterdam. The location is great as it is close to Art Galleries and Museums yet not too far from the central hub and very easily accessed from airport. The concierge was first class and we had 2 amazing meals out as chosen by him from our brief. Overall it is a very impressive hotel and the staff we came into contact with were friendly and efficient. I would return but would not book a Duplex room again and would definitely ask for a room with a view of the street.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with five stars, even though the appointed room did not live up to your expectations. Please be advised that we have a broad range of room lay outs available, including spacious single level rooms with a nice view of the city. Hopefully we may welcome you back in one of these rooms in the future for a truly distinctive stay.

Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

A nicely renovated design hotel inside a historic conservatory. Very charming, modern and spacious. I had a duplex room which was comfortable but it was inconvenient to have to go up and down. I loved the location, far from the crowded touristy part of Amsterdam but next to the city's best museums, a big park and luxury boutiques. Impressive, bright and large atrium lobby where a good breakfast is also served.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Many thanks for reviewing your stay with us. We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed our location in the museum district. We regret that the duplex room was not entirely to your satisfaction. Hopefully you will be our guest again and then we would be happy to help you find a room that fully meets your needs for an unforgettable stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

We stayed two nights at the Conservatorium, April 27 and 28. We chose this hotel because of the proximity to the Rijks and I couldn't have been more pleased. The service was superb. We enjoyed fresh fruit in our room upon arrival and bottled water each night. Coffee from a Nespresso machine at our fingertips -- a wonderful amenity to any room. We had a deluxe guest room with modern technology, comfortable bed and large bathroom. Even though we were on the second floor it was very very quiet. Breakfast was superb and I loved the French Toast! Excellent restaurant recommendations from the Host and all within walking distance. The lobby is bright and airy - I only wish the weather was a little nicer so we could sit outside. The only "slight" negative I would say was the Tunes bar - I felt it was small and dark and the music was loud for my taste. The rest of the hotel is so bright and open that I wish it carried over to the bar. I probably wouldn't have noticed (or commented) if we were enjoying a cocktail outside on the terrace. Either way -- I would definitely recommend The Conservatorium.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

From beginning to end it was an absolute delight to read through your review. I am thrilled to know that enjoyed so many of our property's amenities. Your warm recommendations is greatly appreciated and we would love to welcome you back on a future visit to Amsterdam.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Had a 3 nights weekend stay at the Conservatorium Hotel in April 2014. The hotel is just magnificent. Our room was spacious and very well appointed, luxury toiletries and really amazing comfortable bed. The Lobby is stunning in design and despite its classical facade, the hotel combines classic luxury with ultra-modern design elements. Every staff member was courteous and attentive and they went the extra mile to help us with our questions and requests. Joy from the Reception was wonderful and she had a constant smile on her face. She was genuine and always assisted us with our requests. We have also used the concierge services from some great restaurant recommendation and Etan, one of the hotel's concierge was remarkably helpful when he offered help in arranging a dinner for our small group of friends.

All in all, a wonderful, luxurious experience with amazing customer service. Definitely one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. It gives us all great pleasure to read your kind comments, and we are delighted to know that you think so highly of our hotel and service. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Conservatorium Hotel Amsterdam

Been to Conservatorium Hotel? Share your experiences!