“The Conservatorium Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Conservatorium Hotel

You added Conservatorium Hotel to your Saves list
Conservatorium Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Van Baerlestraat 27, 1071 AN Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Ranked #17 of 354 Hotels in Amsterdam
Mierlo, The Netherlands
“The Conservatorium Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I have been a frequent visitor of the Conservatorium Hotel since the opening a couple of years ago. The consistency of the quality is with out any doubt formidable. I have never ever, in all of my travels throughout the world, experienced this amount of quality and passion for the hotel business as I have experienced in the Conservatorium hotel.

I am enjoying the hotel as a venue to conduct business, I impress my guests with Diner in the Tunes restaurant or with a well spend afternoon in the brassserie where I often lunch.
The Tunes restaurant is a high class experience of wonderfull and tasty food in a formal setting.
The Brasserie gives a broad view of the former outside of the hotel.

Privately I find the Wellness a place to find rest in the swimmingpool and love to enjoy a relaxed massage. There is a watsu bath, in which you float at 36 degrees water which was a seriously calming experience. Especially with my high blood pressure.

So, yes! I will be coming back!

Room Tip: Ask for a treatment if you are stressed, I had one ant I must say it is addictive! Oh and the Garco...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Conservatorium H, General Manager at Conservatorium Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear guest,

We thank you kindly for your continued support of the Conservatorium Hotel and for writing this wonderful review. We are very pleased to receive such favorable feedback, it really means a lot to our entire team. We are very happy to read that you will be coming back in the future and are looking forward to seeing you soon.

Conservatorium Hotel Amsterdam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Turkish first
Newbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

We had a two night break in Amsterdam and my husband choose the Conservatorium due to excellent reviews. After a warm welcome and a brief chat to the Concierge about our dining likes and dislikes we had 2 restaurant bookings in place. My husband booked the more expensive Deluxe Duplex room which was deeply disappointing due to the fact it overlooked the lobby so you had to have the net curtains closed as you weren't sure if the guests dining below could see in so it felt very claustrophobic - I have never stayed in a hotel with a room that overlooks the lobby before - the lobby is a stunning glassed roofed area which is a lovely space to sit and dine in however it is not a worthy view for such an expensive room - and as such the windows, understandably, do not open so you rely on air conditioning for air flow which made the air in the room feel stale and the room un-aired. We eventually did move rooms and were then faced with a worse view of the rear of the bar areas for the internal offices - I have never had a room down grade before ! I am sure the rooms overlooking the street are much nicer and if we return I would go for a standard room overlooking the street not a duplex. Due to the Duplex rooms having little floor space and very high ceilings they have been designed with a mezzanine level where the bed is and downstairs is a sofa and desk in a very narrow space - it was obviously a design conundrum which doesn't work and feels very disjointed and neither area felt right.
The breakfast was outstanding, lots of choice and very fresh - definitely the best fruit I have had for a long time. The Lobby area is very quirky and a wonderful space. The bicycle rental was arranged easily and the bicycles were top notch and cycling it is a brilliant way to see Amsterdam. The location is great as it is close to Art Galleries and Museums yet not too far from the central hub and very easily accessed from airport. The concierge was first class and we had 2 amazing meals out as chosen by him from our brief. Overall it is a very impressive hotel and the staff we came into contact with were friendly and efficient. I would return but would not book a Duplex room again and would definitely ask for a room with a view of the street.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with five stars, even though the appointed room did not live up to your expectations. Please be advised that we have a broad range of room lay outs available, including spacious single level rooms with a nice view of the city. Hopefully we may welcome you back in one of these rooms in the future for a truly distinctive stay.

Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

A nicely renovated design hotel inside a historic conservatory. Very charming, modern and spacious. I had a duplex room which was comfortable but it was inconvenient to have to go up and down. I loved the location, far from the crowded touristy part of Amsterdam but next to the city's best museums, a big park and luxury boutiques. Impressive, bright and large atrium lobby where a good breakfast is also served.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Many thanks for reviewing your stay with us. We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed our location in the museum district. We regret that the duplex room was not entirely to your satisfaction. Hopefully you will be our guest again and then we would be happy to help you find a room that fully meets your needs for an unforgettable stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

We stayed two nights at the Conservatorium, April 27 and 28. We chose this hotel because of the proximity to the Rijks and I couldn't have been more pleased. The service was superb. We enjoyed fresh fruit in our room upon arrival and bottled water each night. Coffee from a Nespresso machine at our fingertips -- a wonderful amenity to any room. We had a deluxe guest room with modern technology, comfortable bed and large bathroom. Even though we were on the second floor it was very very quiet. Breakfast was superb and I loved the French Toast! Excellent restaurant recommendations from the Host and all within walking distance. The lobby is bright and airy - I only wish the weather was a little nicer so we could sit outside. The only "slight" negative I would say was the Tunes bar - I felt it was small and dark and the music was loud for my taste. The rest of the hotel is so bright and open that I wish it carried over to the bar. I probably wouldn't have noticed (or commented) if we were enjoying a cocktail outside on the terrace. Either way -- I would definitely recommend The Conservatorium.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

From beginning to end it was an absolute delight to read through your review. I am thrilled to know that enjoyed so many of our property's amenities. Your warm recommendations is greatly appreciated and we would love to welcome you back on a future visit to Amsterdam.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Had a 3 nights weekend stay at the Conservatorium Hotel in April 2014. The hotel is just magnificent. Our room was spacious and very well appointed, luxury toiletries and really amazing comfortable bed. The Lobby is stunning in design and despite its classical facade, the hotel combines classic luxury with ultra-modern design elements. Every staff member was courteous and attentive and they went the extra mile to help us with our questions and requests. Joy from the Reception was wonderful and she had a constant smile on her face. She was genuine and always assisted us with our requests. We have also used the concierge services from some great restaurant recommendation and Etan, one of the hotel's concierge was remarkably helpful when he offered help in arranging a dinner for our small group of friends.

All in all, a wonderful, luxurious experience with amazing customer service. Definitely one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. It gives us all great pleasure to read your kind comments, and we are delighted to know that you think so highly of our hotel and service. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Our room was very well design with the most contemporary facilities you may think about, two floors room which gives you a space feeling. The spa is amazing, being in the city centre and having such a large spa with so many kinds of treatments is really exceptional. Next to the Thai massage I had the watsu treatment, which is highly recommended.
Superb breakfast, buffet style served from 06.30 to 11.00, the brasserie staff is friendly and cheerful, coffee within 5 minutes might be a small challenge …..
Most of all the service was impeccable, all the staff seemed dedicated to making our stay as good as it could be. After one day few people in the hotel recognized us by our name, reception ladies and mainly Vidicha and Joy were always happy to assist and eager to hear our stories every day. This is the first time in my life that the concierge is not seating behind a dark counter, Ethan is the one we talked to every day, very easy going, wide knowledge and always with a smile.
This hotel made our vacation different, in the past we stayed in other 5 star hotels in Amsterdam, this hotel made us feel young again. We will come back.

Room Tip: Lobby view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your experience with us. Your details in every area of the hotel are greatly appreciated and are a great source of motivation to all of us. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we are very happy to know that you will be returning in the future.

oslo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We stayed two nights over Easter ad had a very good time. We stayed in a Royal duplex suite. Vey good design - only flaw was that the bathroom upstairs did not have a shower, just a tub so I had to walk down to the bathroom downstairs to shower.The hotel is in a historic building and the hallways are full of character - they have really made a very good fusion of old and new.
The Brasserie was nicely designed in the atrium together with the lobby and lounge. Breakfast was particulary good with a good selection and good flavours. The Brasserie menu for lunch and dinner was perhaps a bit too traditional and verging on boring, but everything was fresh and nicely prepared. They even god us sashimi and nigri from the Tunes bar menu - very nice.
Service throughout was good - nothing exceptional, but solid in a Dutch way. The doormen was particulary attentive and cheerful.
The first day our room was not made up the whole day - but this was probably just a lapse and did not ruin our stay.
The location is a bit out of the canal area, but it is easy to walk around Amsterdam and the three big museums (Rjiksmuseum, Van Gogh and the Seteljik) are all just across the street.
Do go - We will definately return!

Room Tip: The duplex Royal suites
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for providing us with this detailed review on our hotel. We are happy to know you have enjoyed your Easter weekend at the Conservatorium Hotel. It gives us great pleasure that you will be returning in the future and we would be happy to assist you in finding a room that fully meets your needs for your next stay. We are looking forward to welcome you back.

Conservatorium Hotel Amsterdam

Been to Conservatorium Hotel? Share your experiences!