“My favorite hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Conservatorium Hotel

You added Conservatorium Hotel to your Saves list
Conservatorium Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Van Baerlestraat 27, 1071 AN Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Ranked #17 of 354 Hotels in Amsterdam
Espoo, Finland
“My favorite hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

This is my favorite city hotel! Old bank/conservatorium has been tastefully transformed into to luxury hotel with courgeous rooms, part of they with two levels. I could also say design hotel, but that would downgrade this beutiful and tasteful building. The hotel even has lounge where you really want to stay for a drink. Spa & gym are complimentory and you get excellent service also there.Do no forget to take a swimsuit with you! The location is perfect in the middle of museum district and there are two fo the most interesting shopping street close by. This is hotel that I would be choose if I spent a wedding anniversary or other special weekend in Amsterdam. Expensive yes, but worth it.

Room Tip: There are rooms with two levels. They may not be most practical, but I do like them a lot. Check if...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Conservatorium H, General Manager at Conservatorium Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear guest,

We are very proud and honored to be your favorite hotel in Amsterdam. Thank you kindly for your sharing your positive experience at the Conservatorium Hotel. We are very happy to welcome you back to us time and time again and are looking forward to your next stay.

Conservatorium Hotel Amsterdam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Turkish first
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stayed two nights at this hotel with my wife. First of all the interior design of the hotel is magnificent.The location is excellent. We had a suite facing the street, which was a little noisy due to the trams, but the view was great.

Room Tip: Make sure that you visit the Spa and the pool which are both excellent and rare in Amsterdam.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for letting us know how much you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. It is always our desire to provide a seamless experience for our guests and to ensure a memorable visit. We hope that you will allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

a great new hotel with all luxuries in the middle of Amsterdam, next to the musea. We were staying for our honymoon and my partner and I loved it. Great services, most beautiful room at a corner of the building, ceiling 8 metres up, windows at both sides overlooking town, great breakfast, cute staff, nice gym, sauna, pool etc etc. I think the best hotel there is in town. the staff arranged a nice present in the room and at lunch, just great, loved it!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Conservatorium H, General Manager at Conservatorium Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear guest,

First of all: congratulations on your wedding! We are very happy that we were able to host this special trip. Your kind words give us great encouragement and we thank you for reaching out to us and letting us know about your wonderful experience at the Conservatorium Hotel. We hope you have the chance to visit us again in the future for another great stay.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Just returned from 7 nights at the Conservatorium over New Years and it was outstanding. My new "go to" hotel in Amsterdam for sure. I had typically stayed at the Dylan for about a decade now (where my room was NEVER upgraded upon checking for loyal return customer), but Conservatorium has edged them out.

Room - I stayed in a Van Baerle Suite on the fifth floor. Large, soaring ceilings, huge windows, and the feeling of spaciousness. Bathroom and huge tub were amazing. Bed and pillows were superbly comfortable, and the bed sheets and towels of the highest quality for a hotel. Four televisions in the room (although the one built into the bathroom mirror not working). Room was serviced twice a day and housekeeping was the tops.

Service - From the doormen, to the warm greeting from front desk and concierge, to the staff in the hallways...all warm and welcoming.

Food - Had two meals in Tunes Restaurant, breakfast in the Brasserie, and drinks and snacks on Tunes bar. Tunes Restaurant was very memorable. Perfect service and comfortable atmosphere. Had the single best vegetarian meal in my life (8 course veg tasting menu) and I'm not even vegetarian. Great wine pairings. A view of the amazing staff in the open kitchen made my meal even better. My only feedback is that service in the Brasserie at breakfast was inconsistent depending on who was waiting on you. One day it was great, the next I would be completely ignored while those around me with different waiters were treated very well. Just like all the other reviews state, Brasserie needs some work in service.

Spa - Had a few spa treatments that were wonderful. The spa and gym facilities are top notch and extremely well designed. Very relaxing and zen atmosphere, and gracious and friendly staff. One of the best spa experiences of my life.

Building - The hotel building was grand, gracious, and beautifully done. They spent a ton on money on this place which is apparent. Nothing else like it in Amsterdam. Go in the winter and you will never need to leave...you have everything!

Room Tip: Van Baerle Suite is amazingly comfortable.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you for providing such detailed feedback on your recent experience at the Conservatorium Hotel. We are very pleased to know that you were able to enjoy so many of the conveniences of our property, including the Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Center and the great culinary experience at Tunes Restaurant. We also thank you for highlighting the amazing room features, and the friendly and welcoming staff. We will surely share your kind comments with the entire team, and hope that you will allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back.

New York City, New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I returned to amsterdam on business and this hotel is still amazing. It is sophisticated and with a buzz.I love the gym and spa which is spotlessly clean.The pool is a joy. The zen spa is always a treat. The manager Tim and his first rate staff do a great job in fitness and spa therapy. It has a lot of NY vibes (my home town ) with a European flare. I would definitely come back again

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear guest,

We are very happy to know that you have enjoyed your time at our hotel, and the Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Center in particular. I will be sure to forward your kind comments to the spa team and it will be great source of motivation to continue their pursuit of the highest standards in spa services. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

The decor and architecture are stunning. The spa is attractive, the gym is underequiped but nicely appointed, the showers smell musty and i found the changing area and sauna to have obviously not been cleaned for a few days.
The service is a hit and miss, so you can end up waiting half an hour to even order, or for your food, and that is across the board. Certainly not becoming a five star hotel, I would not return or recommend.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Conservatorium H, General Manager at Conservatorium Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to inform us about your experience at our hotel. We find it disappointing that although you have shared an appreciation for our décor and architecture, we were not able to fully meet your expectations. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced. Your feedback will be reviewed with the responsible staff members as we are continuously improving our operations. Hopefully you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate the unparalleled service and experience you deserve.

Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Have stayed in this very nice hotel twice since it opened in 2011 but twice had a problem at arrival. In 2012, although I had informed that my wife was handicapped and uses a wheelchair, we were shown into a suite with a split level..... impossible of course and waited then for a very long time before another appropriate room was ready.
Last December, our suite was not ready on arrival in the afternoon, after check-in time.
We were offered to wait in the lounge where a coffee would be served. However the coffee didn't come because the coffee machine had broken down (?) ( this hotel has Nespresso machines in every room and was unable to serve us a coffee (?) After 1,5 hour waiting we were finally shown into our suite.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us again and for informing us about your experience at our hotel. I do apologize that on both of your stays the check-in did not go as smoothly as it should. I can assure you that this is not the warm welcome that we want to extend to our guests. We hope that we may welcome you back for a third time on which I can assure you that you will not experience the same problems again.

Conservatorium Hotel Amsterdam

Been to Conservatorium Hotel? Share your experiences!