“Cosmopolitan” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Conservatorium Hotel

Save Saved
You added Conservatorium Hotel to your Saves list
Conservatorium Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Van Baerlestraat 27, 1071 AN Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Ranked #20 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Cosmopolitan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

What a beautifull building. The weather was extremely bad so we staid in the hotel for 24 hours enjoying the spa, the delicious restaurant Tunes. The room, a suite with 2 great bathrooms, everything was well thought of. A good mix of the old building with very modern rooms. Our room overlooked the lobby which was fun. It is quiet expansive but absolutely worthwhile. Breakfast in the brasserie was very good. I would just have liked the price of the breakfast to be included in the room price. It just does not feel right to pay 540 euro a night not including breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

this is one the nicest hotels in europe in the middel of the cultural center of amsterdam.the mixture of the old bank building and the modren desine have acheived wonderful results a very warm cosy hotel which give you a feeling of a warm wellcome.the rooms are very nice teh brasserie and the tunes restaurant are great experience. wortha visit

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Conservatorium H, Guest Relations Manager at Conservatorium Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear guest,

We greatly appreciate your fine comments regarding your recent stay at the Conservatorium hotel. We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed so many aspects of our property and would love to welcome you again back on a future occasion.

Kind regards,
Utrecht, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Great Building, Lovely stores! Specially Jewelry Bonebakker was lovely.. the people were very nice and the service was good. I love the Maxim Vosznesensky collection! You really should go and take a look in this boutique.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I decided to surprise my fiance with a romantic night at the hotel. I booked a Deluxe room of some sort (not cheap). It was impressive - 2 stories, 2 bathrooms, great bed and touch panel everything! We originally were going to try Tunes for dinner, but opted for an opening on the other side of Vondelpark.

We also took advantage of the SPA on both our arrival day and again the next morning. I must say that Melodie was really accomodating - I basically called day of our arrival and tried to book couples services for same day. While she couldn't pull off that miracle, she did get us in for massages before their normal 10am opening so that we were able to make my fiance's flight back to the states.

The hotel is beautiful, the staff was some of the kindest and most helpful I've experienced in Europe and the SPA is fantastic. 2 small pieces of feedback - the Hamman was not working and/or I didn't know what I was doing - in the future I would suggest leaving either directions to work it or label it as non-functional. The "private" couples Hamman was working great but only served to make me jealous. The 2nd suggestion is the wifi - for the love of Apple lovers, please consider switching your configuration to WPA from WEP. It will reduce complaints from iPad Mini owners :)

We will come back again. It's a little rough on the wallet, but you won't find a better experience in Amsterdam.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,
Many thanks for your valuable feedback regarding your experience in our hotel. We are very pleased to hear your enthusiasm about our services. We are also happy that you were able to enjoy our Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Center.

We would like to thank you as well for alerting our attention to some issues that are not yet properly functioning. This will certainly help us in improving our services. Unfortunately we cannot change our configuration as our current provider does not allow WPA or WEP.

It is a pleasure to hear that you will come back to our hotel and we are looking forward to serving you again.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed at the hotel with my boyfriend for a week on holiday we both needed a relaxing break. We've stayed in Amsterdam very many times normally at least twice a year and normally stay at The American Hotel but it's gone down hill recently so we though we'd try the Conservatorium. What a find, the outside of the building looks like it was build in the 19th Century but the inside is super modern with a fantastic glass atrium the full height of the building. Our suite was spotless and beautifully decorated with subtle restful colours. The bathroom was out of this world, a huge bath tub and rainfall shower. The entire suite had recessed light that could be set to 2 different levels, one soft for the evening.

The staff were all friendly and so helpful. I've stayed at top hotels all over the world and the service at the Conservatorium could not be faulted be it the front desk, the doorman, the waiters, barmen or room service it was outstanding.

We ate in both the Brasserie and the restaurant, the former offers good wholesome grub with a great ice table. Breakfast has a good range of cold meats, fish, cheese, my eggs Benedict were smooth and delicious, my pancakes light and fluffy. The restaurant on the other hand offers the height of nouvelle cuisine sophistication. My monk fish starter was I believe the best I have ever tasted, so fresh so subtle.

They also serve a magnificent range of teas in the atrium, the best camomile I have had outside the UK beautifully infused.

Finally the Spa is just a centre of calm and tranquillity,my boyfriend had a terrible muscle knot in his back, two massage sessions later it was gone.

I cannot praise the hotel enough we both just loved it and will definitely be back later in the year.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your favourable comments with us. We are happy to know that you had an enjoyable stay at the Conservatorium hotel. It is a pleasure to read the fine comments you make about our services and we will certainly convey them to the entire team. We are delighted to hear that you will visit us again in the future and look forward to having you back as our guest.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We had a great stay. We were particularly impressed by the friendly service (including help from the concierge in helping us to make the most of our 24 hrs in Amsterdam). The hotel has a great style, with awesome rooms, and an awesome spa.

This is a great choice for a cool stay in Amsterdam.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Conservatorium H, Guest Relations Manager at Conservatorium Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear guest,

It is a pleasure to read this review following your stay at the Conservatorium hotel. Thank you very much for your lovely words about the hotel. Hopefully you will give us the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Barendrecht, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I live in the Netherlands for 9 month, and on valentine's me and my husband decided it would be a good idea to try an hotel with SPA, even if you are used to the Lead Hotels in the world, like Vila Vita Parc in Portugal. This was smaller and we were doubting.
Well, from the reception till the restaurants and SPA, everyone was extremely professional, nice, smiling.
At the end of the weekend I was amazed, relaxed, inspired. The architecture is beatiful, and I defenetly recommend this hotel! We will definetly came back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Many thanks for your wonderful words about the Conservatorium hotel. We are delighted that you have enjoyed both our services and facilities. Thank you also for your warm recommendation, we are already looking forward to having you back as our guest.

Kind regards,
Conservatorium hotel Amsterdam

Been to Conservatorium Hotel? Share your experiences!