“Interesting” 4 of 5 stars

Bern, Switzerland
7 attraction reviews
“Interesting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

It was my third stay in Amsterdam and I already visited some more traditional museums so I tried something new. The lady at the reception was very friendly and our bags seemed to be ok. Later on (already in there for more than an hour) a security man showed up and was angry at us because of the sizes of our bags. Seems like they are not sure what is allowed and what not. Exhibition itself is interesting - bring a jumper with you, it's pretty cold in there!

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
24 attraction reviews
“Most enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The Tropenmuseum has always wonderful exhibits and the permanent collection is superb!
The children museum is very interesting and enjoyable also and the restaurant offers an interesting menu.

The Netherlands
25 attraction reviews
“A gem in beautiful Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The Tropenmuseum is an iconic building with a very interesting collection of Dutch (colonial) heritage. A not to be missed landmark in Amsterdam.

Catterick
4 attraction reviews
“Surprising”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We visited this museum because we had a couple of hours to fill, how I wish we'd had longer. So interesting and informative without being dry and academic. Every floor is a feast of colour and sound. I'd have loved to have the time to watch every video and listen to all the recordings. I learned about parts of the world I previously knew nothing about. Altogether a fascinating experience!

Hudson, New Hampshire
15 attraction reviews
“Great Exhibits”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I visited the Tropenmuseum in August 2013. We were there to see the Esher Meets Islamic Art exhibit and spend several hours touring the entire museum. Well worth it.