“A cyclists dream” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amsterdamse Bos

Amsterdamse Bos
Bosbaanweg 5 | Amstelveen, 1182 DA Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Stadsdeel Zuid)
+31 20 545 6100
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Covering an area of almost 1000 hectares, the Amsterdamse Bos is one of the largest city parks in Europe. It contains 150 indigenous species of trees and over 200 species of birds. The park sits to the South of central Amsterdam and can easily be reached by bike, tram or metro from the city center.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 attraction reviews
“A cyclists dream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

One has the idea that Holland is small, but Amsterdam has such great wooded parks for cycling right on the edge of the city and this is one not to be missed. Find the organic farm!

Visited September 2013

• Polish first
Hilton Head, South Carolina
12 attraction reviews
“Bring your bike”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

What a treasure for Amsterdam. Rent a bike and wander the Bos. I am amazed at the penchant the Dutch have for the outdoors. Bike paths go everywhere and you can stop to watch the sculls, have a picnic or just people watch

Visited August 2013
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
6 attraction reviews
“hood and hype!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

nice place situated in the "bos" behind the ING ship, the food was excellent and with a very modern presentation I like, good but expensive wines, it is a jetset place, dress accordingly!

Visited October 2012
London
9 attraction reviews
“why did I never hear of this before?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was an almost lastminute discovery, so didn't research details maybe enough in advance. We took the tramroute No5 as it runs near the apartment we stay in. Ended up walking through I believe Amsteldeen village. Then I'm afraid, we got a little lost. We ideally wanted to head for the visitor centre area. After some lack of signage, and walking for a while, we asked a Dutch family were we should be heading to to rent bikes. So, after that we walked maybe 20 further minutes and reached the visitor centre were we got a free small map of the forest and bought a cycle route map for 50cents.
Nearby was the cycle hire place (blue and white logo). www.amsterdamsebosfietsverhuur.nl
Cycle tracks here in the wood are car-free.You will need to fill in a brief form, and leave with them some photo ID along with your payment. We were given the choice of pedal-brake or hand-brake bicycles. We rented them for one hour as we wanted to be elsewhere in the afternoon, but I advise that if you have the time, book for longer as 1 hour is certainly not enough here to explore very far at all. As I am quite short 5'2", I found even the shortest seat setting on the adult bike a little tall for me. (Next size down is a child's size bike.).
It was a very enjoyable, though short trip here for us. We hadn't seen half of the attractions that this area has to offer yet. I advise you take the 170, 172 or 174 bus routes instead. Which all run close to the visitor centre. Although the bus fare was not covered by the central Amsterdam travelcard.(on blue buses - yes said the driver, but not on green buses). Next year when we rent the bikes, we will allow far more time(weather permitting), and we will go boating here in one of the boat rental areas. Saw the openair theatre. I also wanted to see the goat farm and didn't make it there, nor to the cheese making farm. So, plenty to see and do next year when we come again with better planning.

Visited September 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Perfect "outcity" experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I spend great day walking, perfect picknick place, even can do some sport. fresh and relaxing air. Perfect place for families and friends, great for children. Amsterdamse Bos has great location, just near in Amsterdam, I suggest everybody to spend one sunny and relaxing day.

Visited June 2013