“Best fries.. look no further...” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dutch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Noida, India
“Best fries.. look no further...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We had fries only at this place, it was so yummy that we didn't tried any other place in amsterdam.. try it with mayonnaise, it just taste wonderful... located at damrak 41, this place will have most of the people lined up and it won't take much time... try it and recommend it like I am doing :D ... Highly recommended !!

• Indonesian first
Strabane, United Kingdom
“so tasty!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was a very convenient place for us as it was beside our hotel. This takeaway chip shop serves their chips in cones; small, medium, large. You also get to choice what sauce you would like with it..yummy!!! always does a good trade!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best fries around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The very large Vlasaam Frites we had at Manneken Pis on the Damrak main street in Amsterdam have to be the best ones I've had in a very long time. I paid 4.75 euros for the large size (you can add any of many sauces for an extra 0.50 euros each) and I had no idea that large really meant large, something like a foot high cone of fries (we ended up eating only a third of the cone). A real treat.

London, United Kingdom
“Super fast, super hot, super crispy, super tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Fantastic fries stand in the centre of Amsterdam.
Service is unbelievably quick once you are at the front of the fastmoving queue, yet the fries are still fresh, hot and crispy, cooked to perfection.
Portion sizes come up large (which, in my mind is a good thing, but be aware if you just want a light snack!)
Large range of tasty sauces; Green Pepper and Samuraisaus got the nod among those who sampled.
Nowhere to sit... but it's only a fries stand so deal with it!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Writing the review is making me hungry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

A few years back I visited Amsterdam for the first time and I remember these chips so when I booked my second visit one thing on my agenda was Manneken Pis. This place is hard to miss being on the main strip and surrounded by hordes of people.

I stood in the queue and contemplated what size chips and which sauce I should have - I went for a small chips with classic mayo. Despite the queue I was swiftly served, and I was not disappointed. They were very generous with the chips and the sauce these was enough to feed my husband and me. The chips were hot, fresh, crunchy and yummy and as I am writing this my husband and I are discussing having them when we next visit.

I know they are only chips but if you visit Amsterdam you must try them.

• Visited May 2013