“Great family run hotel !” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Wilhelmina

You added Hotel Wilhelmina to your Saves list
Hotel Wilhelmina
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Koninginneweg 169 | Museum Quarter, 1075 CN Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Vondelpark)   |
Ranked #148 of 323 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Zagreb, Croatia
“Great family run hotel !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

we stayed there for 5 nights. I really don't understand why this really good 2 star hotel has such lousy review. I was sceptical and afraid after everything i've read about it but it turned to be cosy,really clean, quiet and with spacious rooms hotel. Breakfast was ok, it had everything what we need. Only thing which was a little problematic was the distance from the centre. But in the other hand, you have tram number 2 which takes you directly to centre,also night bus 358 to Museumplein and then you have to walk to hotel but, if you're young I htink it's not going to be problem. The Leidesplein ( area with bars and shopping) is within walking distance (15 min).The good thing is also,this hotel is in fancy neighborhood where are embassies and it's also residential area of celebrities and rich people,so it's pretty safe :)
I have to say, this is really value for money. this kind of hotel you won't find in the Centre if you're not prepared to pay a lot more. For this amount of money you would get dirty,loud and overpriced room in Centre.So..in conclusion i would recommend this hotel for couples, familys and if you're traveling alone for bussiness.
p.s. if you're paying with credit card, they'll charge you more (taxes and provision for Credit card company)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Wilhelmina is for us the place to be as when we vivt a city we normally want to do things a bit differently and most times we take high end hotels but sometimes we also do a small ones. Wilhelmina is the later catagory and fits our choice as in Amsterdam the museums and the park make most of the charector of this city.
Staff and the Manager are always there to help us and we says Amsterdam which not most tourist get to see.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We have visited Amsterdam many times in the past 3 years and each of our visit has been as good as the others.
For the first time we stayed at Wilhelmina, which was in a different location than the previous visits, but this was a surprise - a very pleasant one as the area was very classic and culturally rich.
We really liked the location and the hotel. The rooms were large, comfortable and had all facilities, we enjoyed the Tea & Coffee service which was complimentary in the rooms, so was the wifi internet but we did not use this as much. Staff was most helpful and efficient and made us feel very welcome at all times of the day.

new delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Wilhelmina for 2 nights at the beginning of our 10 day European holiday.
When we arrived at the hotel in the morning we were greeted warmly and helped us to be allocated a room.
We had booked a standard room but it was very spacious, clean and immaculate.
All the staff were ready to help and plan our day, offer ideas for sightseeing and tell us about Amsterdam. We were very well received by all the staff whenever we came in their contact. We slept really well in the comfortable beds and excellent, clean linen. Most relaxing and enjoyable stay.

Bali, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Our first impression of this hotel was quite bad. We arrived late evening and lobby looked just like a hostel. Then we discovered there is no elevator and our room was on 3rd floor. I still can't forget my husband struggling with one of our 50 lb suitcases up the narrow stairs (the second piece we left in the car for the whole time of our stay in the hotel). We were definitely expecting more from the room #19. We kinda liked the view and the bathroom looked not too bad, but the room itself were very small with old smelly furniture and carpet.
in the morning we enjoyed the nice breakfast.
We enjoyed Amsterdam and later we figured out that having a better place to stay is going to tern out 150-200 euro a night, when this one cost us only 75. Also, more close to DT you would like to stay more chances that it's gonna be old hostel-style hotel.

Ania, evening time receptionist was very kind, professional and a positive person so we decided not to make a big deal of the room's quality.
Thank you Ania.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with heavy suitcases take the first floor coz there is no elevator.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel 4 days...Actually, hotel was lil bit far to center...20 mins to leidseplein by walk...try to get a daily tram ticket (7.5 eu) or rent a bike...rooms n bath was clean...my rooms was big(number 3). But if u want to stay this hotel, i definetly recommend room number 2 :)
my mate stayed at this room...room number 2 has got a great garden :) u can smoke n hang on the garden ;)
hotel staff was ok....but i supposed hotel staff was high coz we got the wrong answers all the questions asked :)) but it's ok :)

Room Tip: room number 2....choose the heaven :)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Paignton, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My partner and I stayed in room three in this hotel. On check in we were charged €20 deposit for the room key and €15 for paying by card. We payed online in advance through kwik travel so I'm unsure as to why this was expected of us. The staff don't wear uniform and weren't welcoming at all. There is no lift and the stairs are extremely narrow.

The room was nice, very high ceilings as its a Victorian building. Decorated nicely too. The bed. Well. A double room has two single beds pushed together with two single duvets. Fair enough. However the mattresses slide off the beds so my partner and I couldn't cuddle. ( sounds silly but we live away so when we see each other it's nice to snuggle!!) the bathroom was lovely. A big tiled wet room. Really nice. Needs an extractor fan though got a bit steamy after two showers in there! There is a large television in the room with English channels and some subtitled Dutch channels. Handy when the weather is rubbish like it was! The area itself is pretty nice. No coffee shops near it, you need to get the number two tram to the centre to find anything like that. Loads of tram stops nearby, which is noisy at night. The stairs leading up the building are noisy too so if there are people busy at night staying at the hotel then it keeps you up, unfortunately. Also there is no climate control in the room, at night it was far too hot and in the morning it was very very cold. I will commend the cleaners. They are really polite! I accidentally left my phone in the room on checking out and the lovely cleaner ran down the road to give it to me!!!!! You are only given one towel each though....

The breakfast is basic. Cold cheeses and meats, cereal and toast with fruit juice, nothing to explain what meat it is...and isn't obvious even on eating it what it is. That said my boyfriend really enjoyed it.

Across the road is vondelpark, which is a beautiful park even in the winter, I really recommend visiting because its free, and stunning! Big ponds and artwork and gorgeous flower beds. There is a rosé garden as well. This part of Amsterdam is very pretty, even in the main centre it's very well kept. Very clean. I will say however that it is very expensive. All around it is expensive. Food and tourist attractions like madam tussauds and the van gough museum. The red light district is an interesting experience, it's just as lively in the day as it is the night. I preferred it in the day as when we visited in the night to see it all lit up, we were offered by the locals (including souvenir shop owners) on several occasions class a drugs which meant we left quite quickly. It didn't feel very safe at night, but that's the red light district for you. The coffees shops were nice in the city I recommend any of the Bulldog shops because you can sit and smoke any left overs you may have if you just buy a drink, whereas normally you must buy weed on entrance to any, and for light smokers a tenbag might be too much for one sitting. A good r'n'b coffee shop is the Goa bar. Played (in my opinion) awesome music. We ate mostly takeout and from supermarkets because of the prices generally but it is a city don't forget. Enjoy it, it's definitely an experience I'm glad I've had but I don't think I'll be flying into schipol's massive (and I mean MASSIVE for the size of the Netherlands) airport again. If I do, I doubt I would stay in the hotel again because the staffs attitude and the poor nights sleep my boyfriend and I had.

Room Tip: You can hear the trams until midnight and the stairs up to the top are in constant use, we stayed in...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Wilhelmina? Share your experiences!