“The BEST in Amsterdam!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bulldog Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added The Bulldog Hotel to your Saves list
The Bulldog Hotel
Oudezijds Voorburgwal 216-220, 1012 GJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Red Light District)   |
Ranked #24 of 186 Specialty Lodging in Amsterdam
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Rockhampton, Australia
“The BEST in Amsterdam!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

Absolutely raving about this hotel, by far the best hotel I've stayed. Firstly, the staff absolutely bend over backwards to help you with everything!! Secondly, the rooms are excellent, amazing artworks covering the whole place head to toe! There is a bar on the ground floor, for bulldog guests only and boy oh boy was 2E pints in happy hour a hit with us! We made an abundance of friends and had a little 'bulldog hotel crew' walking around Amsterdam and seeing the place together. Some of the best memories of my life have come from this hotel! As for safety, the staff are commited to help you have fun in the SAFEST manner, they are there to openly give advice about all things from drinking, smoking to partying. They are very approachable and a whole bunch of fun! The location is FABULOUS, walking distance to almost everything in Amsterdam, I wouldn't stay anywhere else after my experience here, the bulldog hotel was above and beyond every expectation I had in place and I have recommended it to several of my friends since my trip and they come back with the same attitude about it! Look no further guys, this is the place for you!!

• Stayed May 2014
RobertBulldog, Front Office Manager at The Bulldog Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2014
We are really happy that we could help make your experience with us and in Amsterdam a memorable one! Hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

I was travelling alone and decided to take a bed with other 11 unknown people in a single room. It was ok to me, and I enjoyed this hotel. They tried to help me once I get in there with my luggage, because it was big and it wont fit their lockers. The location of this hotel is the best one, it's in the middle of the red light district. If I was alone, I would definetly get back there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Sao Carlos, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

The bulldog is really a great hostel. I chose it for indications of hostelworld and it exceeded all my expectations. The rooms are great, they have a private bathroom per room, the location could not be better, the service is great, all the staff are very attentive and friendly, the food is very good and the staff gave me great pointers tours. For sure I will return to the bulldog when I visit Amsterdam again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for the kind words! Hopefully the next trip to Amsterdam will be soon. Please let us know by email if you are coming again as we love to do something nice for our return guests.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

We stayed in on of the private rooms, 2 bed, view onto the neighboring property. The themed room was great, race checkers and deep red everywhere, it was clean, tidy and comfortable, and very inviting. As for the rest of the hotel, staff were friendly enough when I dealt with them, the lounge bar downstairs is a great meeting spot, plenty of lone travelers, and groups mind, ready to meet new people, and of course, plenty or joints getting smoked in the process. Happy hour makes Heineken pints only €3, first place I've visited where happy hour is actually only one hour long, but hey, I'm not complaining. The smoking on the bar/cafés thing isn't overwhelming. I don't smoke weed, and it didn't worry me being there.

Location wise it's great. Centre of red light district. We flew into Schipol airport, caught the train to town, and walked 5 minutes to the hotel, couldn't be any easier! We got a little lost initially, all the canals and buildings look so similar, but with a map, we were experts. Walked everywhere in the 2 full days we had, but would recommend renting a bike or catching trams once you've got your bearings, would be much faster.

Most people come to Amsterdam for a couple of things, smoke weed, shag a lady of the night or simply just experience what has to be one of the most relaxed cities I ever visited.

I'll definitely be back to Amsterdam, and I'll definitely be back to the Bulldog.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

Great location (right in the heart of the red light district). Staff are really nice and helpful. Wifi is FREE everywhere inside! Thought I was staying in a 12 bed dorm, but ended up in an 8 bed dorm-great! Lockers were narrow (typical) and only fit skinny locks (sold at front desk if yours doesn't fit). Bathrooms cleaned everyday. I left my bag in the luggage room on check out day for free. Free breakfast is simple but good for saving money, don't suggest eating the burger for dinner though. Happy hour 8-9 pm is 2 euro pints of Heineken! Bar was a great place to hang out in!

Room Tip: Stayed in a 8 person dorm-it was typical hostel, no complaints!
Pune, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

Stayed overnight. It was a 9 bed mixed dorm. It is walkable from the central station. However you can still take a tram to dam square and then its a 2 minute walk. Front desk people were friendly. The rooms were ok. Bathrooms were a bit smelly. It is also located on the edge of the nightlife area. The breakfast was very good with a decent amount of variety. Bread, eggs, juice, coffee., fruits. Considering the location, nightlife and price, i would definitely recommend to stay here.

Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

I've stayed at the Bulldog Hostel for a few years now and I thought the staff were a lot more friendly on this visit. The lounge area is a great place to hangout in between other activities. The breakfast is fairly simple but there is plenty of bread, ham, cheese, yoghurt, orange juice and coffee.
I think when you add everything together it's good value for money and you can't really ask for more than that.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Been to The Bulldog Hotel? Share your experiences!