“Great room & location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Bridge Hotel

You added The Bridge Hotel to your Saves list
The Bridge Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Amstel 107 - 111, 1018 EM Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Plantage & the East)   |
Ranked #98 of 356 Hotels in Amsterdam
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Great room & location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Entry is like the entry to a hostel rather than a hotel however our room was spacious, clean and with a comfortable bed Lovely outlook with pretty balcony overlooking side canal. The hotel is in a great location. Breakfast was basic sustenance. The reception was our first introduction to Dutch directness. Sometimes great sometimes harsh. We stayed three days. The room was excellent

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Wirral
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Quite simply, everything that you want in a hotel is here - superb location, high quality rooms, great food, cheerful staff. There are NO negative things to say. I am a fussy, 55 year old, experienced traveller and I cannot understand how anybody could not rate this hotel

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Doha, Qatar
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

We booked two nights here in June. Having read the reviews we were expecting something a little better than what we got. The hotel is very basic. We had a studio on the top floor. Be warned - these are not suitable for people with small children. The steps are very steep upto the room and a bit of a death trap.

When we saw the room we were also disappointed. It was stiffingly hot and opening the windows didn't help (interesting that the repectionist had a big fan but the guests are left to sweat it out). We couldn't let our children walk/ crawl as we were so worried they would fall down the stairs (again very steep and dangerous).

The location also isn't as central as we were led to believe.

All in all we decided to check out and find another hotel. We had to pay for the first night but that was preferable to staying here - it would have been unbearably hot and we were so worried about the sheer drop on the stairs with our young kids that it wasn't worth the risk.

• Stayed June 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Good and varieted breakfast, nice people in the front desk, nice decoration in the hotel, close to trams, computer service in loby, clean. I fell down in city center and when I arrived to hotel receptionist offered me ice for my foot. We would come back there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

After reading all these great reviews you expect so much so I was a little disappointed. For what you get I found it expensive. My family and I had 2 rooms for 3 nights which both faced the inside court yard (no street view, no canal). They were both on the 1st level. Hotel is simple but clean. Service was very good and accommodating. Location is also good. It takes about 30 minutes to walk to central station. The rooms however are small and simple for the price. Decor is plain (Ikea looking). The rooms are also not sound proof. In my room I could hear snoring from the adjacent room. My kids had a room across from the reception desk and could hear a lot of the activity going on. I put poor sleeping quality because of this. Otherwise the beds were comfortable. AGAIN, THE WORST PART WAS HEARING SNORING FROM THE OTHER ROOM NEXT TO OURS. To be fair, I will say that this was our first time in Amsterdam so I could not compare to other Hotels in this class rating. Perhaps the price paid and room is the standard. However if I go back to Amsterdam, I will look for something else.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a canal view in advance.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I found the hotel to be basic but very clean and good value for money. The central location was brilliant and we were able to walk to most of the attractions like the Rembrandt plein or catch the tram (easy to use and very frequent).My room also provided with a view of Prinsengracht canal. Breakfast was another delight. Would definitely use the hotel again for future trips.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Bloemfontein
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We are returning this year for a fifth visit to Amsterdam, and a fourth stay at this very comfortable and well-situated hotel. It's not cheap, but its location and no-fuss approach to service are a boon.

Room Tip: The rooms with canal views are obviously more attractive, but the city itself is so attractive that...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business